NEW Family Member Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
There's going to be a new member to my family today! My parents are getting their second bearded collie puppy, who has been named Riley since before he was even conceived, today! So, I will have a new fur-brother. I am going with them. We've only seen two pictures and they were kind of of the puppies' backs, so I can't say we even know much about how Riley looks.

My mom will SO have her hands full. Especially, I think, in a couple of months. Murphy, their 9mos old Beardie is very high energy. Not hyper, if that makes sense, but a focused kind of high energy. He's extremely smart. I think he will really love having a dog his own size to play with in the yard. My own "regular" collie puppy, Kelsey, is much, much more laid back than Murphy.

I will post pictures later. I'm planning to take my camera with me. We pick him up about 3 hours from my folks' house at 5pm, so will be late getting back to my own abode.

Here is Riley and his littermates, however, we don't really know which one is Riley at this point (but it won't be long now -- my parents are really excited!):

Riley-Litter.JPG

This is the breeder where Riley is coming from:

Friendship Bearded Collies

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill,

I just checked out the website.

They are cute dogs
smile.gif
))

I bet it was fun seeing all those puppies!!

How is your beautiful puppy doin??

Sandy

Awwww they are just soooo adorable!!! Your mom and dad are gonna have a blast with this little one and their other one together! Whats more fun than having a puppy?????..............Having 2 puppies!!!!!
yes.gif

They look cute. Can't wait to see the one your parents get
aktion033.gif

I am a stupid sister. I forgot my camera and didn't even think about it until we were on the way home (3 hours in traffic, but Riley was SO good and at ease). I think my mom will take pictures of him today and I'll have her email me some so I can show him. He is SOOOO cute!!! He was the "show" pick of the litter. The breeder is really encouraging my parents to show Riley, but they told her they seriously doubt they will, and I am not in favor of it at all. I think it would just actually take away from how "wholesome" they feel about dogs. But, Riley is awesome. I already love him. He's got this steady way of looking you right in the eye that I love. He is black and white, of course, now but will turn light silver and white like Murphy, we think. And, he and Murphy are blood related, I'm thinking cousins... Murphy's mother is Riley's great-aunt.

Cute pups! Can't wait to see who this "Riley" is that you speak of. Bet he is a cutie pie!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back