NEW EYES....................

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Well I am so happy. Thursday at 5:30 I took my glasses off for the last time. I was 20/500 and 20/475 for vision in my eyes and Friday morning I woke up and am now 20/15. I had Lasix surgery and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that is able to.

Well, heartfelt congratulations!!!

Isn't it AMAZING what they can do?

My husband was legally blind in one eye, and sight was going in the other, then he had both cornias replaced. He now has better than 20-20 vision in both eyes!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

How wonderful!!! If I'm ever debt free (LOL) I'm having it done!

Congrats, that is GREAT to hear. I am considering it as well, i have had glasses for about ..hmm...three months, i am quite ready to let them go
default_wacko.png

Did your insurance cover it ? I wonder if mine would ...hmm.

I had mine done in March...best $3,000 I ever spent. I too can see better than my husband and I had been wearing glasses for over 25 years. Leanna you are probably too young.....normally they won't do it unless you are over 25 unless you are dang near legally blind. Insurance does not usually pay for it.

I too highly recomend it. I had many problems wearing contacts, dry eyes, which lasik also does make your eyes dry, so if you have dry eyes, you need to take fish oil capsules or flax for a while until your eyes adjust. My eyes are still alittle dry in the morning when I wake up and I put artificial tears in them when I first get up and then I'm fine for the rest of the day.

It was a tough decision for me...because I have to carry a FAA second class medical for my job, which requires 20/20 seperately in each eye, with or without correction.

I have my last follow-up on Monday and then again in 6 months. It is so great to see in the morning, to swim, do physical activities without glasses getting in the way or contacts irritating my eyes.

I still "try" to take my glasses off when I get in the shower or when I go to bed...

Latest posts

Back