"New"(er) Pictures of DESTINY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I asked and before, I don't think anyone knew for sure. Maybe now that there are newer pictures, we can figure out "What Color Is Destiny?"

I'm thinking chocolate silver dapple. His tail is a lot lighter than his body. His mane is lighter than his body, but not as light as his tail (yet?).

What do you all think his color is? These pictures are all pretty much from within the past couple of weeks.

In case it helps, Destiny's dam is dark brown or black, his sire is a light palomino.

Also, I am so tickled about Destiny and how good he has done with Erica. So far this season, he has gotten:

14 first places

2 second places

2 reserve junior stallion championships

5 junior stallion championships

3 reserve overall grand championships

4 overall grand championships

[SIZE=8pt](not that I'm keeping track -- haha)[/SIZE]
cwm.gif

Destiny%20--%20Glenn%20Nicholls%20Memorial%20--%2007092005%20--%201.jpg

Destiny%20--%20Glenn%20Nicholls%20Memorial%20--%2007092005%20--%202.jpg

Destiny%2007032005%203.jpg

Destiny%2007052005%201.jpg

Destiny%20Parade%2007032005%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jill,

He is pretty!!!!! Lucky You!!!
biggrin.gif

He has done awesome this year!!!

He looks chestnut to me. It is hard

to see his leggs in the pics. Are they red?

Sandy

Thanks, everyone.

Shari, liver chestnut is what I had originally thought! Maybe that is the correct name for his color afterall!

Sandy, I think his legs are pretty much the same color as is body. Maybe slightly darker?

Here are a few of him earlier in the season freshly clipped, but I am not absolutely sure the photos showed his actual color (maybe Erica can chime in?). These are from early May if I remember right.

Destiny%20--%20Pro%20Picture%20--%20052005%20--%2014.jpg

Destiny%20--%20Pro%20Picture%20--%20052005%20--%202.jpg

I don't know if it will help anyone decide on what color he is or not, but earlier this month in the bottom picture on Jill's first post we were there also and I commented on his color and how pretty it was. His hair was a little longer and he had gold highlights in his hair, and it is not from sunbleaching, this is hair that is around the bottom of his legs by the hoof. He had been clipped probably 3 weeks earlier for a show. When the sun hits these hairs it throws off goldtones, very pretty.

Jill I would bet my last dollar that Destiny carries a cream gene
yes.gif

Have him tested
yes.gif

It's very difficult to judge from "clipped" photos. In the first ones....I would say he could almost be a Smokey Black. But those last ones....the ones taken in May....look a lot lighter.

Whatever color.....he certainly is put together NICE!
yes.gif

Why not test Destiny for cream and black? That way you will have your bases covered.

I probably will have him tested. It hadn't occured to me that he could carry creme dilute! That would be wonderful. I have mostly wondered if he carries silver (which he could have gotten from his sire, on whom it wouldn't be visible). But, at this time, I do not think there is a test for silver...

Thank you for your compliments on him. He's turned into being even better than I had imagined he would and that is thanks to Erica. It was the one time I made a horse deal just totally trusting what the other person thought of the horse. I thought he looked nice but I used and trusted her eyes and her opinion
biggrin.gif

Anything is possible....but I don't think he exhibits the typical coloring of a Silver. Most will show variation of coloring on the lower legs....he is the same shade all over his body...straight down to the hoof. I'd put money on Smokey Black. Let us know what you find out!
yes.gif

I'm not too sharp on this stuff!

I was just reading the site about having him tested.

The colors I am wondering if he is are:

Liver chestnut

Smokey black

(silver but there's not test yet)

WHAT do I have him checked for? Creme? and Red Factor? Agouti? All three? Does red rule out agouti, and vice versa?

Maybe I should start a new thread?

wacko.gif

Jill,

You know I just love this guy.

No matter what color he is, I am really thinking one (or two) of my mares will need to make a visit to Mr. Destiny in a couple of years....
wink.gif
wub.gif

When do we get updated pictures of DunIt?
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

I would have him tested for all 3, Agouti, Cream, and Red Factor.

To my understanding Red can hide Agouti, I think
wacko.gif

There is no silver test yet unfortunately....once there is I have a few to test myself.

I also don't think Destiny is smokey black. Of course I could be wrong.

I bet he's an uncharacterisitic shade of silver buckskin
yes.gif

I can't wait to hear those test results!!!
biggrin.gif

Hey Jilly, Destiny is way cool and I don't have a clue what color he is. Ebbie here is chocolate silver dapple. (she's for sale people)
wink.gif

EBsale.jpg

Marty -- My Tinkerbell (Teaspoon Parks Little Dallas) is about the same color as Ebbie, and to my eyes, some of Destiny's pictures also look about that color.

I'm going to have him tested and hopefully that will give some answers. It would be great if he is positive for creme dilute, but either way, I am right fond of him!
biggrin.gif

Michelle -- I hope you do let one or two of your girls date Destiny! I know he does, too
yes.gif

Actually, you can see DunIT's shaggy face in one picture above kissing his "big brother".

Here is one of my mares that to my eyes is colored somewhat like Destiny... Teaspoon Parks Little Dallas / Tinkerbell (1994 silver chocolate mare):

Tinkerbell-07122003-5.jpg

Latest posts

Back