New Discipline

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you could get a horse trained in anything what would it be...

• halter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • showmanship

• obstacle

• driving

• jumping

• other

• Total voters
[SIZE=14pt] I voted driving.I can teach it all the rest myself.... I dont do jumping anymore because of not being able to see the standards...obstacle is a challenge but the judges have let me use my cane to find the obstacle. I used to love that but not so much anymore. I still can do Showmanship and I do both in PMC and sometimes amateur.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I voted halter.
yes.gif

I do all of my own training, for all disciplines mentioned, and have trained many a halter horse in the past. But my-oh-my...I just don't enjoy halter training like I used to. Perhaps if we had "real" (sanctioned shows) here, for the minis, like in the other breeds I have trained, I might feel the need, again. For the few halter classes we have available at the open shows, I just cannot get excited enough about it to put the necessary time into it.

Oh halter for sure.. it is one of the things I have the hardest time with. When i see a top halter horse trained by one of the best.. boy it sure looks a lot better then my dorky way
wacko.gif

We do all of our own training, but sometimes I would just love to have someone do all the starting work on my driving horses. We do enjoy driving at shows and around here, but the time and effort it takes to get them to do it correctly and consistantly are sometimes tiring.
sad.gif

I am just learning obstacle along with my stallion and i would LOVE to have him professionally trained (as well as myself!).....drivign is a very close 2nd! jennifer
saludando.gif

Hey...I'd take a classically(dressage) trained driving horse anyday!

But for the most part, unless I know the trainer well, I would much rather do all the training myself, esp. the driving.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back