New Development...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Hey all,[/SIZE]

Well, I have been watching Faith like a hawk lately. She is losing weight, slowly now. She will eat a few mouthfuls of food, but that is it. BUT, she does eat grass. The little bit we have she eats.

Anyone heard of a horse that eats grass but refuses everything else??

By the way, I am calling the vet tomorrow.

Edited to Add: I did not let her over eat on grass...I let her out for a short time only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and that's quite normal.

When Bailey got sick, he would only eat grass. The vet told me that they will do that becasue is really easy on their digestive track, easy on their system

When the vet comes out you may want to ask him or her to draw blood and check the triglicerides and white count to rule out an infection or the hyperlipidemia. Hope she is eating you out of house and home soon.

Ruth Owen

Stardust Acres

Haven't read other threads but, ck for ulcers, too. They also don't want feeds then. Of course, some ulcer meds normally won't hurt them and may be a cure.

This could be numerous things. Worms, teeth, ulcers just to name a few. So glad your vet is coming out.

Let us know how she is doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back