New Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmhand

Reaction score
Have another new colt, Mom is Crumpets Silver Charm AMHR/ASPC

Gold Seal Foundation Classic Shetland. Michigans Election Day Replay x Arbor Acres Crumpet.

Dad is Graham's Classic Entertainer a double registered (AMHR# 223059b ASPC# 150190a) bay pinto stallion measuring 37 1/2 inches. He has 50 percent Arenosa breeding on the top side and Red Rock on the bottom side.

ET3.jpg

ET2.jpg

ET1.jpg

What a beauty. I really like him. His expression is just so mischevious. LOL

Okay, being new to shetlands, can you explain to me the difference between foundation seal, and 'gold' foundation seal?????

CountryHaven said:
What a beauty. I really like him. His expression is just so mischevious. LOL
Okay, being new to shetlands, can you explain to me the difference between foundation seal, and 'gold' foundation seal?????

386593[/snapback]

I can't give you that answer, but I'm sure someone else can explain it to you. This is what I have found from "Lewella"

The gold seal on an ASPC Shetlands papers mean the pony is Foundation Certified. A Foundation Certified pony cannot have any "B" papered ponies in its pedigree for 4 generations not counting the individual itself. That means one more generation than appears on the papers. Ponies with "B" papers have more than 1/8 outcross breeding (Hackney, Welsh, Americana or Harness Show Pony).

To be Foundation Certified a pony must come from two Foundation Certified parents OR have its papers submitted to the ASPC with a $10 fee and have its pedigree researched and certified. If the pony is eligible the ASPC will then affix the gold Foundation Seal and print the ponies Foundation # at the top of the papers.

Lewella - who has 17 Foundation Certified Shetlands

[SIZE=14pt]Gold Seal is a registry that Grady whitlock created for his herd and their offspring when he got fed up with the real registries . It isnt the same as foundation Seal at all. All the seals on the papers are gold colored but have nothing to do with Gold Seal.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks for the answer.
smile.gif
I knew there was a 'gold' seal on Sparky's papers, but never heard that being a 'specific' in saying they were foundation registered, so I was wondering if that were a special designation or something. LOL Sorry for the ignorance. I'll get it sooner or later.

Latest posts

Back