New colt needs a name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Still working on a colt name. Thought I had it figured out. But the Easter birthing is making me indecisive. Stallion is Texas TLC Dreamison Memphis Blues and mare is Luv Em Minis Rulers Faith.

Took lots of pix but there seems to be a problem with the cord on camera so uploads are not taking place. This little guy is ALL LEGS! He is 21" and then some. Tiny ears, tiny head, and very refined. He likely is bay but may be blue roan. Have been working on names for months. Had an entire plethera picked out (especially filly names) lol. Was going with Elvis songs, songs about Memphis etc. Then the foaling took place on Easter and I started going with names about Faith. She was is stage one labor for 3 days. Have thought a lot about "the stone being rolled away on the third day." So now I am stumped. Open for suggestions.

Some names I am considering but not sold on are:

Faith Is The Victory (call him Victor, but my husbands does not care for the name Victor)

Arose A Victor (same situation)

Shake Rattle And Roll In Memphis (call him JR since he is going to favor my "Memphis")

From A Jack To A King (call him Jack)

and my personal favorite:

JAILHOUSE ROCKIN IN MEMPHIS (call him JR)

I know pictures would help tremendously. And as always, when you are around an animal a name starts developing. This "JR" thing could be "Junior" or J. R. as in Dallas' J. R. Ewing. If things don't change I could be saying JAY ARE without thinking twice.

default_smile.png
Suggestions welcomed and sought.

"He likely is bay but may be blue roan. "

Things like this are always fun for me so did a search on Memphis songs and came up with this for your boy. "Memphis Blues" from the song "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again" by Bob Dylan

[SIZE=10pt]A picture of the colt could bring some more suggestions, but I think you've thought of some good ones. Love that Jailhouse Rockin in Memphis, and Memphis Blues.[/SIZE]

How about these:

• Memphis Blue Max
Blues Traveler

Memphis Merrylegs

Midnight in Memphis

Memphis Mirage

Midnight Blue in Memphis

Memphis Rhythm and Blues

Beal Street Blues

Good luck!

Well,

Black Velvet (song about Elvis)

Black Velveteen (Velveteen rabbit)

Blue Velvet

Blue Suede Shoes (if he's a blue roan) - call him Suede

Faith in Blues

King of Blues

Risen in Blues (blend of Easter meaning and Memphis and a play on Rythm/Blues)

Latest posts

Back