New colt and need color help!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedMeadows

Reaction score
My mare foaled this morning a beautiful pinto colt!!
default_wub.png
He is so sweet and loves to be petted and loved on.
default_wub.png
I am stumped on his color though.
default_unsure.png
His mom is grulla and dad is silver brown I think (have to have him tested) so what color do you think this little guy is? He has blue eyes and pink skin around his eyes and on his genitals. He also has a light dorsal stripe. Here are pictures of Sol Man!
default_wub.png

solman.jpg
solmanitch.jpg
solmaneye.jpg

He looks to be a chestnut/sorrel. Most of them have pinkskin around the eyes for a while. Also, the eyes look like they may go brown as he gets older.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sorrel sabino roan that was born with those same colored eyes, and also a grey-grullo. Those eyes will turn dark brown. The ones on mine are so brown they look black
default_wub.png
My guy colored like yours also had kind of livery-pink skin similar to your boys, and it darkened with age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Ladies. It is just a shade of sorrel/chestnut that I have never seen before, nor the pink skin. All of my chestnuts come out with black skin right off the bat and the blue eyes are lighter than I have ever seen too. I appreciate you all taking the time to peek at mmy new little boy.

Latest posts

Back