New cell phone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am shopping for a new cell phone and spent some time at the AT&T store over the weekend looking at Smartphones & PDA's. One of the main things I want to do is be able to connect to MareStare and watch my girls at home during business hours since it is not allowed on our company computer.

Lot's of phones have SMART and WIndows Mobile 5.0 (or actually 6.) -- but none of them would actually connect to the various webcams and allow me to watch them -- guess it had something to do with them being "video".

OK, so I am absolutely CLUELESS when it comes to talking about this stuff -- I just want it to work! I understand that the new I-Phone will have this capability -- but does anyone else out there have a phone & service that they are currently using that will allow you to actually pull up a cam and watch from your phone?

Thanks everyone!

Stac

I had an LG Chocolate ..i never tried it on there.

Have you looked into possibly a Blackberry yet ? My brother and I have one, i just got it last week actually so im still trying to figure it out ..but i bet you could get it on a blackberry.

I was talking to someone a while back about how neat it would be to be able to view marestare cams on your cell actually
default_yes.gif

Hi Leanna

It didn't work on the Blackberry at the AT&T store -- could pull up the website - but again, could connect to live feed
default_no.gif
We checked a bunch of different phones & kept getting shot down -- hence I come here to the place where all questions get answered!

Stac

I know this! I know this! lol

I just bought a "phone" that runs Mobile 6 and can access the Internet. I got it to watch Diana on cam. It's the HTC6800 through US Cellular and has a touch screen.

It took me a LONG time to figure out how to watch MareStare. I needed the player and had to request they set up a "mobile" page for me to view.

Check out wefoal.com where they have some mobile pages and you can test your phone/pda/whatever using those pages. That is where I finally got the player I needed.

I checked a lot of places including the geek forums and eventually found it myself.

I live in Maine and US Cellular said I would not have good results with the streaming video, but it was enough. All I needed to see motion to figure out what she was doing. Sure it would freeze for up to 8 seconds at a time, but I was grateful to have it.

I just bought a GPS unit for the phone. :)

Latest posts

Back