New camera and Area 5 pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
My husband and I had our 29th anniversary last Wednesday, we decided to go in together and get a camera. I have been shopping around trying to find one that took good pictures and was easy to use. We found a Sony cybershot steady shot and I love it. We got it in last Thursday before leaving for Area 5 on Friday. So I did not have much time to play around with it. Took a couple of shots of our house dogs before leaving. We have a pug named Bunny and a peke who is 17 named Bandy. I thought is was very easy to use and took good shots for the first time.

Bandy

Bunny

Here are a couple of shots of Lita, our yearling mare over who has been doing very well this show season. She came in first in her amateur class and second in a very large open class. She had a very hard time getting used to being in a stall at the shows, but this last show I think it has all finally made sense and she enjoyed herself. In fact, she had a party Saturday night, we had a tarp down on the isle with mats on top so we could dry the horses after their baths. We came in to the show on Sunday morning and she had pulled the whole tarp in the pen with her, leaving the mats in place in the isle, and was sleeping on it.
default_biggrin.png
She is a funny little horse with lots of personality.

Lita

LIta

We did not get any very good shots of Bailey, one of the buttons was pushed wrong on the camera
default_rolleyes.gif
and by the time we got it figured out the class was almost over. We did get some very good backdrop shots at the show I will post later. He is such a good boy and showed his heart out, placing first in his amateur class.

Bailey

Terri --

Bailey and Lita look FABULOUS and the pictures of your dogs make me smile big time, especially Bandy there mugging for the camera
default_wub.png

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE Lita! I wanted my client to buy her, but you snapped her up before she got there!

Your Lita is absolutely gorgeous and I love buckskins with 'chrome'
default_yes.gif

Next show be sure to give Lita clean sheets or she'll do it herself!
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

Wow! Bailey and Lita!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Great shots and congratulations on a great show!

I have a Sony CyberShot DSC H2 and I absolutely love it! It takes the best pictures!
default_smile.png

They both look GREAT, Terri and Chasta.
default_aktion033.gif

Jill, we love Bandy and Bunny like they are part of the family. I don't know what I am going to do when something happens to Bandy. We have almost lost her several times and she bounces right back. Now I expect her to keep doing it.

Becky-on your camera do you ever play around with the dial for different shots or do you leave it on the auto easy shot all the time? I hate trying to sit down and read what all those little symbols mean. I may just have to take it one day and practice different shots with it.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on Lita and Bailey, we are very proud of them both and having a good time showing them.

Happy anniversary to both of you.
default_smile.png

I guess thats the beauty of digital cameras. Try taking the same photo but on different settings. Before long you'll realise which setting suit the right moment.

I'd love a new camera but unfortunately they are lots more expensive here in Australia. The camera I'd like is 1/2 the price in USA.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back