New barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawna

Reaction score
My new barn is being built ,

when its done I want to put flat back buckets in for water, But I'm unsure as to what size don't want to big but want enough for adequate water, and what type or size corner feeder I think I want to go with corner feeders. My water buckets will be hanging .

Maybe someone has some Ideas I'm stumped.

The regular big horse 5 gal. flat back buckets for water. I use the 8 qt. flat back buckets for feeding as they are easier to clean and aren't so bulky.

Christy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go with 8qt, it would be enough for 1 horse. But it would need to be monitored twice daily. I would guess about the same for feed. Congrats on your new barn.

I have 5 gallon flat back water buckets. I also have the smaller size but the handle hits them in the face so I don't use them for that. In my foaling stalls I use the large triangle corner feeders big enough for mama and baby. For the rest I use mineral feeders. Go look on my Farm Tour page and see.

Thanks everyone I was wondering if 5 gallon Buckets were going to be to big.

Marty I have looked at your Barn. it's very nice In fact I am doing my inside similar to yours , I love the lattice Idea so don't be surprised if I holler with a Question or two.

I use the smaller 8qt buckets for water. If I have a lactating mare or two weanlings in a stall I put two buckets in. Mine are typically only in during the night or inclimate weather (they've been in a LOT lately). I find they're easier for me to carry and work with. For feed my husband built the walls to accomodate the over the fence type of feed pan.

Latest posts

Back