New Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Sandy, you need to get a second opinion! There are things you can be doing to support him. There are different kinds of splints and wraps you could be doing for extra support. and I also agree a blood test to see if he got all the colustrum is a must! Good Luck! Lorie

My friends foal did something similar and had spinal nerve injury from birth. Her vet was more aggressive and treated with steroids to decrease the inflamation around the nerve. Also did some chiropractic adjustments. It took him a long time to recover but he's fine now. I think you need to get another opinion.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. I think that we are finally making some progress. Was at the vet's this AM and he did tube him. He did give him steroid shot. We are doing better. I have been feeding him hourly today, and he is finally starting to nurse. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Sue

Sue that is GREAT news! We are all pulling for the little guy and for you too. I know how exhausting and stressful that kind of thing can be.

Thinking of you

Charlotte

That's great news Sue! I'm so glad he is coming around and I know how exhausted you must be. Hang in there. It will get better! I'm rooting for both of you!!
default_smile.png

What wonderful news. So happy he is doing better. Can hardly wait to see pictures.

Sue, I'm just now reading this thread, and I know how tired you must be by this point. Please know that I am praying for you and your little one to continue his improvement.

Rita

Sue, How is your little one doing today. I know you must be exhausted by this point. Please keep us updated. Prayers for continued improvement for your baby coming your way.

Hi! So glad to hear that you've been able to make progress with you little one! That would have to be SO tireing! :aktion033: Good work!! Look forward to seeing pictures!!

I will try to post the pictures. I know that he doesn't look great, but we have come so far. When he was born he had no use of his back legs at all, they just dangled. Still very weak but really I am so proud of the way he is recovering. My granddaughter stayed and did the night feeding until 1:00 am. Then I took over. I wish she could be here tonight, but she has shcool. Thanks again for your support. You have all been wonderful.

05020006.JPG

05020010.JPG

I need help with sizing pics. I made them small on the web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
:new_shocked: :aktion033: Great pictures...... a little big..... He's a CUTIE!!! Looks like you guys are doing a GREAT job!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

His gums are bruised and sore, I don't know if he got banged and bumped around alot while he was hanging there.
So glad to hear that he is improving. After seeing that he is a pinto, I would think that his gums are normal coloured and NOT bruised. You will see alot of pintos have pink with purple spot gums.

Glad to see that he is doing so much better! Is he nursing his mother at all?

Keeping my fingers crossed that he makes a full recovery.
default_smile.png

what a beautiful foal! he does though look to me like hes in pain. especially in that first picture. i would sure get him xrayed and find out whats going on. sending prayers

Great Job Keep up what ever you are doing? :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Just wanted to add on our Barn we have a Sign (Little Bit Of Country) great name been here for 16 years. We live in a little village, when we first moved wanted a name for our farm, it just suited us and people get a kick out of it.....

Keep the pictures coming........and updates.....

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
: He is so cute.

I am glad he is doing better.

thanks for the photos.

keep us posted
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back