New baby to share here! Thank you Matt!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimama

Reaction score
Ok so first the little story to share. When Matt's cat had the first litter of kittens I told him I really thought one of them needed to come to my house. Well, it wa all worked out but we found out that the flight was not allowable due to temerature constrictions so, I had to let the little one go to another home. I am sure he is very happy and has a good and loving family to share his life with, but it was kind of hard too. I am a believer in fate and really just thought ok, it was not meant to be for him to be here. Well, Matt told me he planned a Spring breeding and I coudl have pick of the litter because things did not work out the first time.

So, when these last two litters were born, i started watching, knowing one of them was coming here to live. Yay! Well, the day came sooner than I thought really. We made the arrangements and everything went very smoothly (Matt's reading this going yeah right!) LOL. The best way to bring her in to the country was to send her Air Canada and go to a direct flight from Toronto to San Francisco. Now mind you, I do not like San Francisco. Crazy traffic and nuttiness galore! So, this did not thrill me but we decided to make the best of it and plan an overnight stay for the two of us in the city. Something we do not do often at all. We stayed in a very nice hotel and had a wonderful breakfast and then went over yesterday morning to pick up Miss Kitty who was due to arrive at 11am. We got there a few minutes early but went a head and went in to let them know we were there when ever she got in. This is the cargo area by the way. The guy looked at us funny and not in a good way and took our tracking number adn walked away. Uhoh.
default_unsure.png
Came back a few minutes later and says there is no cat on the flight. She is still in Toronto.
default_new_shocked.gif
Now the guy was down right rude about the whole thing and blamed Matt! I knew better and told him so. It was not Matt's fault in any way shape or form. But anyway, she was still sitting at the airport in Toronto and by the time she got to me she would have been in a carrier for over thriteen hours straight. :DOH! I called Matt and let him know what happened. Poor guy, I felt so bad. I was so worried abou ther sitting there for so long and then to have to tell him how the airlines had blown it, just a bad situation. Now my husband and I had to figure out what to do to waste eight hours while we waited for her new arrival. We did a few different thigns and ended up (you're going to love this) going to Target and buying a movie, and then sitting in our car in teh parking garage watching a movie until it was time to go back and pick her up. LOL So, we know it is about time and we shut down the movie and get into the front seat and start teh car adn the phone rings and it is cargo saygin she is here come and pick her up. Ok at this point it is all new people and they are so concerned and sorry for everything. The way it should have been all along. I had to go pick up her paperowkr and they would not allow me to even see her until I had picked it up and went a mile down the road to customs and cleared her through there and then came back. When she was still in the box they would not let me open it until they processed everything. She was screaming (as would I be) and I put my fingers through the wires and she came over and wrapped her paw around my fingers and was instantly quiet. When I could get her out of the box, she started to purr immedaitely. And now, she will not settle unless I am holding her and loving her. She only wants to sleep if she is close to me (I must bore her
default_yes.gif
).

So, now you have the fun story here she is.....Introducing Miss Samantha Kitty! The Canadian kitty that we have decided is actually French Canadian so she says "Le Mew Eh"
default_yes.gif

Samantha2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I can't tell you all how relieved I am -for Samantha and Stacy and her family-. Thank YOU Stacy! She is going to have a wonderful wonderful life. She already looks so happy
default_biggrin.png
. Keep me posted -oh yeah, and disregard the email I sent you, like 10 mins. ago-.

Yay!

What a BEAUTIFUL girl!
default_wub.png
Have fun with your new baby!

Carol

Very cute and I love the name!!!
default_wub.png

Glad she got there ok!!! Have fun with her!!

~kathryn

So, now you have the fun story here she is.....Introducing Miss Samantha Kitty! The Canadian kitty that we have decided is actually French Canadian so she says "Le Mew Eh"
default_yes.gif

She is SO beautiful! and the "Le Mew Eh" totally cracked me up, lol! Love her!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back