New Author

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to see if our library had this author and couldn't find him so googled. His name is James Rollins, and he does exist in the library under that name. Glad to find that as I am running out of Lee Childs audio books.
I'm so wrong, and you are so right, it is James Rollins!

When I go to edit I get the correction box to change the text, but I can't find the save changes button.

Thanks, Terry

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire Series is fantastic! HBO just aired the first season of Game of Thrones which is based on these books, with the same names as the first book in the 7 book series. I have read A Clash of Kings(the 2nd book) and am about 2/3 through the third book, A Storm of Swords.

Christopher Moore is also a good one with a great sense of humor. And of course, Stephen King is a staple.

And I was pleasantly surprised by Stephanie Moore's The Host.

The author of Water For Elephants has some horse related books that are great they are Riding Lessons and Flying Changes. The authors name is Sara Gruen.
I've read those and just finished a newer one by her, Ape House.

Other recent reads, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein.

A Girl and Five Brave Horses (true account of Wild Hearts Can't be Broken/movie) by Sonora Carver.

Just re-read an old Dick Francis book, my all time favorite author. I could read and re-read his every day I think.

A couple of James Patterson books, and a few others I can't remember at the moment lol. I also have a couple I pick up between "quick reads", have been working on Cleopatra biography for awhile now and just started Bill Bryson At Home. Have the George Bush book, Decision Points, to read too when I get to it.

Jan

At work I started Take a Book, Leave a Book and it has worked out well. You are free to take whatever looks good and we just ask that you drop off any books you are done with. All on the honor system and we have had some great books rotate through.

Back