New addition to the farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
So im selling my quarter Horse mare that way I can get more minis.. after a couple looks I think I found the right one
default_smile.png
a 4 year old mini mare bred to a palomino paint. Shes due June 2014 planning on driving her as shes 38 inches. .

$_20-1.jpeg

$_20.jpeg

$_20-3.jpeg

Cute!

Just FYI, I would hope that she is bred to a palomino PINTO and not a PAINT. ;)

The generic terms "pinto" and "paint" are interchangeable as references to horses w/ certain kinds of spotting patterns. If CAPITALIZED, then one might presume that the reference is to horses REGISTERED with one or the other of the major registries for horses of those patterns...Paint, meaning with APHA(American Paint Horse Assoc.);Pinto, with the Pt.H.A.(Pinto Horse Assoc. of America---but NOWHERE that I know of is that 'written in stone'....!So, since the original poster didn't capitalized 'paint', her usage is perfectly acceptable! Just sayin'...

I disagree with that ^

pinto is a color pattern, paint is a breed.

but there are definitely lots of people who believe the terms are interchangeable. even people who think if the horse has more white than their other color they are a paint and if they have more of their other color than white theyre pinto. thats just ridiculous though lol

Does it make a difference if your mini is an Appaloosa or an appaloosa?

Latest posts

Back