New Addition to JNK Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
After searching long and hard for a great new home for my A/R palomino mare not only did I find her a new home, but a new home for my R overo stud colt who didn't end up stallion quality as I had hoped for. I'm happy to say that they are both going to the same home to belong to two youth brothers who breed, show & compete. Not only am I happy that these two boys will be happy with my mare and colt, but I am ending up happy as well! We are doing and trade plus cash so both parties are getting what they want! 

So what exactly did I trade for? Something COMPLETELY different with bloodlines from the herd I currently have. . . . . . . . 

Introducing my NEW ADDITION. . .is a beautiful AMHA registered 2008 model 29.5" Black Tobiano who I believe also carries Splash Overo and has two ice blue eyes. She is a grand-daughter to Lazy N's Boogerman and is a great-grand-daughter to the immortal Rowdy. She is my FIRST Rowdy bred horse and I must say I am very happy with her. She is officially my smallest mare. . . my next smallest is 31.25" so she is TEENY TINY in comparison!! She has been shown locally in AMHA rated shows and at her first show, shown by youth, she took 6th out of 13 - not bad for their first time together!  

I do plan on having her AMHR hardshipped this year as she's more than worth it and I am going to have a vet check her for breeding safety before I breed her. I have a perfect stallion for her. . .my 28" AMHR black tobiano + splash overo with two blue eyes 2008 model stallion. I had planned on getting him some smaller mares and she is absolutely perfect for him. Did I mention that hubby put an immediate "THEIR MINE" on both my stallion and this new girl? He loves the tiny black pintos and those blue eyes melt his heart!!

I am pretty sure I am going to be showing both her, and my other new mare named Fashion in local rated & unrated shows this year - I guess hubby gets to learn how to show his new girlfriend! This girl is a major addition to our farm and I am tickled to death to have her coming home!!!

***First two pictures of her taken this month and the last picture is of my stallion --- her new boyfriend! (pictured as a 2 y/o)***

168895_1787615491377_1269258589_32113619_5932701_n.jpg

168293_1787614051341_1269258589_32113613_8310579_n.jpg

11k9po5.jpg

BY THE WAY, LET ME SEE SOME OF YOUR ROWDY & LAZY NS BOOGERMAN RELATIVES!!!

Congratulations! Shes a cutie. Just want to mention you may want to test her and your stallion for LWO. I have a Lazy N Boogerman grandaughter also. She only has a narrow blaze, no other white, no blue eyes. I tested her for frame because I had planned to breed her to my frame stallion, and she is LWO positive. So of course I bred her to one of my other stallions. Unless you have already tested your stallion, then of course if hes negative then no problem with whatever she is.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE black and white horses with blue eyes!!!!!!!!! but i am sure everyone has that looks at my website knows that! Cograts on your new mare, she is my kinda horse!
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your new addition, she is very pretty.

And here is our Rowdy granddaughter, Dusty Lane Commanders Red Bird:

IMAG022.JPG

Timberviews Buttons and Bows goes back to Rowdy as well!

IMAG024.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations - she is very nice. But I second walkermini- please have at least one of the pair tested for LWO before you breed them. If one is negative you are all set, but those Rowdy bred minis can carry (and even hide) LWO+.

All but one of our minis carry some Rowdy blood, as much as 3/8 Rowdy blood in our gelding. Our stallion is descended from Ramblin Starbuck, 2 mares come from Redboy and another (Ruby) from Boogerman. Max gets Rowdy blood from both his sire and dam. See our website for photos and for which ones carry Rowdy blood (all except Princess, aka Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic).

Our Top five stallion is a grandson to Lazy N Boogerman as his dam was a daughter. He tested negative for LWO-
Atlantis-World09-1-1.JPG

I am definately having her LWO tested before breeding as I do know about Rowdy hiding the LWO gene! Thanks though!

I absolutely love my new girl!!!

Congratulations to you. The first two pictures don't show up for me, but I'm sure she is beautiful.

Here is my Rowdy bred mare, McSperitts Masterpiece Tori, way down the line, but still carries LWO.

IMG0385_00_017.jpg

And a 2010 filly of mine who is a g-grand daughter of Rowdy, Songcatchers Can You Imagine (a.k.a. Candy), also LWO positive.

IMG_6383.jpg

And our Rowdy grandson, McSperitts Rowdy Night Image, also LWO positive.

McSperittsRowdyNightImage-1.jpg

7-06NightImage2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
YOUR HORSES ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL!

I am happy to report that she will be coming home on Sunday January 16th! I can't wait to see her and I know she is going to love it here!

Latest posts

Back