Neverending Saga: Puppy Day Arrived !!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading your last update I lean towards the name "Lovie". May I suggest beginning with a potty area indoors with newspaper. Ok folks don't scream at me yet. :eek:

This wee one is confused and lonesome for the sibs and mom. Tho Marty is talking to her and assuring her that all will be well, she had no earthly idea what to go out means. Try the papers for now and allow her this bit of indulgence. Not to mention the weather downrite sucks eh Marty?

Feed her 4 times a day then right to the papers or out if she can. Save all the poop and pee and put them in one spot, then take her to it (in or out), then keep a soiled paper under the clean ones to draw her back. Eventually when the weather improves (if ever) take the papers out and continue it in one spot making a poo pile. She'll get it in a couple weeks.

My wee one lived in a cage all her life and never was told not to potty someplace but she smelled Fia's potty paper area (I keep a dollar store shower curtain in the hall w/ papers on it. 2 weeks later I can let her out and she go down the stairs alone to pee and poo finally but papers are always there for back up. The wee ones have such little bladders.

As for bedtime, give it up and just let her in bed. I had rottie that I wanted to sleep in the crate by the bed, I'd open the door and hang my hand down for her then fall to sleep. In a wee bit she would crawl up in bed with me, lay her head on my pillow and sleep all nite. Give it up Marty, she's in your heart. (course by the time Belle was a year old I "had" to teach her not to do this she was huge! and she'd sleep in a big doggy bed next me.)

I am so thrilled you have this new baby! She is going to be so very very special.

She is lovely Marty. She will help sustain you thru it all.....

I would call her 'Faith'. As it takes a lot of faith to get us

thru what life hands us, sometimes.

She will do that for you, so happily, with every ounce of her being.

Oh, Marty!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! on your new precious little girl!!

She is just adorable - I am so glad that you have her and what a little treasure she is!

The right name will suddenly hit you. I LOVE the name Kenzi and that is what I will probably name my next German Shepherd puppy!

Hugs to you, Marty, to Dan and to Jerry for going forward and getting this little bundle of love!!

She will never take Tracey's place but she will help to fill the void.

I just knew you would be going back to that breeder.........

As for the pup I just want to hug her and sqwish her and oh she is sooooo cute
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I love the tale of the adventure...........

I think she is a Hailey as well.................

huge congrats.........and no fear eventually she will figure out to potty outside
default_wink.png
:

Marty :538: :538:
default_thumbup.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: :517: :risa8:

[SIZE=18pt]SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!![/SIZE]

Oh Marty! She is beautiful! And so are all the others. She will grow even more amazing as she matures. I wish you much happiness with her! Puppy breath is so good for the soul. Last year I needed someone and got a Great Dane puppy. Puppy breath was a great help. I don't know that a Great Dane was a smart choice but he loves me desperately which is what I wanted, somebody to love and love me back.

I know that she will love you too!!!

Robin

Congratulations Marty, she is absolutely lovely. I have a very soft spot for Shepherds, mine passed away about 12 years ago and I still miss her.

Hope you are feeling better.

Congrats on your new puppy!!!!!!!!! Hang in there the puppy stage is always the most trying.....I can handle chewing, and all that but the potty training really takes ones patience that is for sure!haha!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Oh Marty you SOOOO deserve her, she is a new little light in your life enjoy her fully!

She craps and pees all over the place, everywhere but OUTSIDE so I also might name her "Miss P i $$"

She goes outside to sit down and look at the trees, the grass, and basically just take in the view. Comes back inside and within two seconds I swear she leaves us with her trail of blessings. She could be called "Dropsy" aukkkkkkkk

I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!!

When I was growing up we rescued a puppy from the "street" and she almost ended up with the name "3P" for poopy, pee-pee puppy. Then she got Parvo, and it almost became 4P: poopy, pee-pee, pukey puppy (she got over the parvo just fine and was with us for 13 years). She did get a nice name in the long run: Rascal.

Now that I heard your post about her "voice", I'm liking the name "Gabby" too...my cat is named that for the same reason...she is the meowist (word???) cat I've ever seen, she never shuts up!

Congratulations Marty!!!! She is just gorgeous.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I know you were being sarcastic in the way you used the word in your story but I think you already named her, JOY
default_yes.gif
:

Robin

P.S. I do have a Hayli and love the name. In Turkish it means little girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back