Never thought I would say this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
I do enjoy riding.. I really do. Does make my back and hips feel better. But the last few months, well.....

Once I am on.. everything is ok. But.......

Enjoy having the horses, love talking them for short walks, none of the ones have now, have ever given me a reason to worry. Not sure this is my version of a delayed response to the accident little over three years ago.

Also been worrying about other car drivers...when DH takes us to town.

Am scared I am going to get hurt that bad again. I know it is silly.. that there is little chance of it but....the worry is there.

I have been thinking of giving up riding. This is sooo not like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad that you are riding again - it's the best!
default_aktion033.gif

Maybe it's just an over abundant of worry

from the past year you've had if I recall

09' was not a good one.

I hope you can shake it and try to worry

when there is something to worry about.

Hope 2010 brings you a more worry free year ahead

Maybe it's just an over abundant of worry from the past year you've had if I recall

09' was not a good one.

I hope you can shake it and try to worry

when there is something to worry about.

Hope 2010 brings you a more worry free year ahead
Now that you have brought that up... could be a large part of the problem. Sigh ~~

Am trying not to worry about the way things are but as the weeks pass by, does get harder,,,even for a type B personallity. We are running out of time.

I do still enjoy grooming the horses, talking them for hand walks and sitting with them in pasture. Honestly need them to keep me going both physically and mentally.

Ah well... just rambling a bit.

Thank you for the well wishes Lori.

Shari,

It sounds like you are having some anxiety/ panic disorder. It very well could be from your accident, goodness, girl that was horrendous and no doubt you are going to remember that and have worry/anxiety over it. I know you have had such a rough year too, so it's no doubt pressure and worry is building up,

I know so well.......I had a huge panic attack in November and since then have gotten some great information and counseling (still getting that) ......things to maybe prevent some of the anxiety before it gets a really strong hold on me.

If you want any information, etc, pm me....I am very happy to share, it has been and continues to be very helpful for me and that is saying a lot because I have always been a worrier, so my stress level is pretty high anyway.

I think of you and your family often and hope something changes so you don't have to move, I know what a huge life change that will be. I would say focus on what makes you happy and what relaxes you. I know that is easier said than done, but even just taking deep breaths helps a lot....... just have to concentrate on the breathing.

Enjoy your horses how you want to enjoy them, if you love and want to ride, do it....if you don't feel comfortable doing that, don't ....spend your time brushing them and loving them, if it brings you peace, then it's the right thing to do.
default_smile.png

Valerie

LOL.. talk about your delayed reaction.
default_rolleyes.gif

Its almost funny I am having this issue now, compared to 8 months after the accident went I started getting back on Dyfra. Sigh ~~~ I might start riding in the round pen on my "brave" days and work my way out from there. Music is also a good idea, have used that in the past.

Problem is... riding really does make my body feel better, am in much less pain after I ride an Icelandic. Something about the way they move in walk and tolt. Haven't been able to ride much because of the weather, which doesn't help.

Think my worry about what is going to happen to us and where were are going to end up is a big part of this.

Writing about it is helping too. Thank you for the reminder to go back to baby steps, taking one day at a time. Though it is hard when you have to plain on a highly possible move. Thank you for letting me fuss a bit.

I was in a wreck about 6 years ago. Not horrible, but bad enough. Broken face and large cuts on my head. To this day, I can still close my eyes and see that car coming at me head on. I was in a terrible place for a long time over it. I tried speaking to my Dr. about it, and he poo-pooed the whole thing. Said I couldn't be suffering post traumatic stress. Well I was, and my blood pressure sky rocketed over it, so he put me on blood pressure meds. Long story short, they reacted badly. I begged for nerve meds, he didn't give them to me. Finally he gave me an anti-anxiety med to take when needed. That was everytime I got in the car with my husband. (He was driving when the wreck happened) It takes a long time to get over it. If at all possible, get some help somewhere. I was even afraid to handle the horses for a long time, afraid one would get me in the head or face. It has faded by now, but could have faded a lot quicker if I had a Dr. that would have listened.

Am very sorry you were in an accident too. (hugs)

Sadly, I have never had much luck with 99% of the Doc's I have dealt with and I am allergic to so many kinds of meds, that is not an option. Me going back to baby steps and only doing things on my Brave days seem to work best. Think right now..am overwhelmed with everything.. it effects everything I do. When the weather makes it so I can't ride for awhile... my braveness seems to go away. Sigh ~~

Did ride Stjarna in the round pen yesterday, while she has miles on her, stop and go is great, she needs a lot more work. After the accident... I have a very hard time trusting new horses. Think this adds a chink to the whole issue.

Did have a Wonderful ride on Dyfra this morning, went down one of the wooded trails and crossed paths with a pretty little Doe, so we slowly followed her as far as we could. Magical! And squirrelly as Dyfra can get.. I trust her.

After this ride... the muscle spasms in my legs have stopped,, which helps a lot.

Its really weird... if I push how much I walk.. I get muscle spasms in my legs and lower back(which is not good as per the one Doc I trust said). It gets worse the more I try to extend my walk time. But riding Dyfra.. everything feels better, muscles get stronger but no muscle spasms and I can get more done, with less pain.

Haven't quite figured that one out.
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back