Never Been So Sick

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyuukai

Reaction score
I'll try to make it short and semi sweet, just needed a vent
default_sad.png

I got sent home early from work sunday with a 101.5 fever and extreme body chills. I'm talkin I was under three blankets, ontop of a heated mattress pad, and still shivering.

I felt like I was getting over what seemed to be the flu (sudden onset, aches, chills, fever) but my throat just would not get better! I mean it is swollen so tight its hard to even swallow water...

Wife has a looksee in there and what does she find? White patches, everywhere. Looks like it's probably strep, AGAIN. Something that I am prone too. Ive never had strep and the flu at the same time and let me tell you folks I am MISERABLE! I have not slept for more than a few hours since Saturday night, the inside of my nose is swollen something fierce and to top it off

I CANT TASTE A DANG THING NOW which is an occasional side effect of strep! I think I am going crazy.

Ok, vent over. Keep calm and carry on <3

I feel for you !! Strep is bad enough on it's own. So sorry
default_no.gif

Sounds horrible. Our daughter is susceptible to strep and I think it is partly to do with her needing her tonsils removed. (she's 43 years old)

Have a "hot toddy", may not make you better but you may enjoy the cure
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gang. I do feel much better today after some more sleep and alot of gargling! I think I was just at the end of my rope because I was so tired
default_gaah.gif
And Im tired of being cooped up on these nice days haha. Oh boy, first world problems right?

Hopefully I will be able to get some nice sunshine and warmth with my pony this weekend, I bet that would make me feel a lot better
default_yes.gif

Strep is awful and sure makes you really sick in a hurry! Sure hope you feel better soon! I HATE being sick with that kind of stuff.

I hope you feel better soon! If you haven't done so yet, make sure you go get some antibiotics for the strep. It's not very common I promise, but if left untreated, strep can turn into other not so fun things....like septicemia. I have never had strep and since my whole family has had it together with just me staying healthy, I am pretty sure I am a carrier. I am one of the terrible people that spreads it around unknowingly
default_wacko.png

Oh no, I sure hope you are feeling better. I've never had strep but my kids have had it and they were miserable. I can't imagine strep and the flu all at the same time, you poor thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am feeling much better gang, thank you! Last night I finally got some real sleep, now I'm just dealing with my recurring lung problems (coughing up blood anyone?) as a result of all the coughing. BUT I do know how to treat that and it's getting better quickly!

As for the abx, I don't have medical insurance so I don't go to the doctor. I did lots of self support, I drank more than 2 liters of water in a day, electrolytes, vitamins, and lots and lots of gargling with salt water and apple cider vinegar. The strep was better quickly after I started the gargling and I've been recovering steadily ever since
default_smile.png

Today is my first venture out into the world since Sunday lol. It's raining now but I want to check on the pony and get some grocceries. Wish me luck ladies <3

Latest posts

Back