Nervous! Liz M. photo shoot-need ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, I am really appreciating the input.

My little filly was clipped last week for a show last weekend, and maybe I will change my mind, but I thought I wanted her clipped for the shoot, but also there is the fact that we leave for a show the next day, too.

I wish I was taking Mouse! He looks really neat right now, all dark on the body w/black dapples and his mane and tail are really blonde. His lower legs are a dusty brown, though?

I can't haul Mouse in the trailer w/the stallion, though! Maybe I can get a bit bigger trailer this Winter w/dividers so if Liz comes back this next year, I can take full advantage!

Liz M.

nootka said:
Hm, I am really appreciating the input. My little filly was clipped last week for a show last weekend, and maybe I will change my mind, but I thought I wanted her clipped for the shoot, but also there is the fact that we leave for a show the next day, too.

I wish I was taking Mouse!  He looks really neat right now, all dark on the body w/black dapples and his mane and tail are really blonde.  His lower legs are a dusty brown, though?

I can't haul Mouse in the trailer w/the stallion, though!  Maybe I can get a bit bigger trailer this Winter w/dividers so if Liz comes back this next year, I can take full advantage!

Liz M.

455376[/snapback]

Aaaakkkk! No!! MUST HAVE MOUSE PICTURES!!!!

I hear you, Dr. Pam. He looks pretty good right now, too. He has a deep, black grey coat w/black dapples. I clipped him w/a thirty blade before his last show and he really grew in sleek even though he has bite marks from pestering the foals and incurring the wrath of the dams.

If it somehow works out, I'll of course share them. I am quite proud of him!

Liz M.

Liz, can't you put Mouse in the back of the club cab
wink.gif
....don't let the little guy out.
firstprize.gif

Charlotte.....thank you for telling us your experience.....about non clipping and pictures. I appreciate you sharing that and will remember that tip. BTW.....your horses look marvelous! The color is just soooo rich and intense.
smile.gif

Nope, that back seat is for the babies (human!)

Besides, I'm not sure how Stacy would react to an extra horse showing up! *LOL*

Liz

Well, Stacy if your reading.....don't make the Mouse cry....
sad.gif
wink.gif

Aw, I am feeling guilty, now!

Mouse would LOVE to have pics of himself, he is quite a prima donna.

Liz

so you don't HAVE to body clip if you do a good trim job. And you might actually get a prettier coat quality & color if it is unclipped. Cowboy's hair was quite long.
Well - all of the mares in today's shoot HAD to be clipped... as they were very fuzzy and well on their way to getting ready for winter... there was no way to smooth out or flatten what they were wearing....
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouse must come! Stacy is being very sweet about inviting me to show up with Kody if I can manage to get ahold of Liz, I'm sure she wouldn't mind Mouse.
biggrin.gif
At least he's show quality!

I don't even have a show halter....
unsure.gif

And that winter coat thing is getting all of us. Why couldn't she have come here this spring??
crybaby.gif
Kody is fuzzy. And I don't think I can safely clip him again 'cause he's an outdoor pony and it's supposed to get cooler soon. Argh.

I'm going to at least come watch no matter what!

Leia

Bad, bad people talking about colder weather and winter coats ...shhhh...don't let Mingus hear you. I'm showing him in his unclipped summer coat this next Tuesday!

C'mon, guys...it's still (barely) August!

*LOL* Mingus will look fine, I'm sure!

I hope Kathy Howard is bringing Tiger to the show. I saw him a couple weeks ago, and wow..he is SLEEEEEK and has not been clipped. Plus, you will not believe his back.

He is a fine boy, that's for sure. I know he's going to be kicking butt in the gelding arena probably next year! She said she's not going to clip him if she does, though, and I wouldn't, either.

See ya Monday!

Liz

Leia, if you need a show halter and bring Kody, I will bring my array (not very plentiful) of halters and you can pick one?

I hope to see you there. We'll be the white truck w/the miniature white trailer and lotsa little boys. (well, two, but they seem like lots when they get bored. Luckily, hubby will be there to deal with THAT eventuality).

Liz

Hey Liz & all,

After the shoot I would sure enjoy hearing about your experiences with Liz. we had a blast and I was AMAZED at the lengths she & Matt would go to to get just the RIGHT shot of each horse. That lady is very talented for sure, but she & Matt WORK too.

and of course, PICTURES! When you get pics you BETTER post some!

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back