Nell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Ginny,

Have you heard anything from the surgeon?

Have they set a date for Nell's surgery?

Is she doing ok? Still at the clinic?

Thanks

Hi Carolyn

I have an update, but it's not the greatest. I just got off the phone with the Vet Scott. Nell is doing great. She has run of the clinic and had become a temporary Mascot . Nell has made friends with their cat and some of the big horses there. The staff took her to the other building where they board a bunch of Minis, but Nell didn't like it there. She wanted to go back to the clinic and her friends. LOL

That's the good part. Nells surgery was scheduled for this morning. When they put her under, her stats dropped alarmingly. They did get that regulated but when they went to put the tube down her throat to interbate (sp?) they couldn't get the tube down her throat. There is some kind of obstruction. So, we're back to square one.

Scott is going to put a scope into her throat to see what is going on. After he does that, he'll get together with the other vet at his clinic and me and see what can be done. He thinks there may be another way to approach the situation, but hasn't thought it all through yet, so I don't know what it is.

Scott is extremely careful in what he does, knows mini & Dwarves and will do what he considers best to ensure that Nell has as near normal a life as she can. Thankfully, he hasn't been charging Board for Nell up to now. I am so glad I found him.

Will update this as soon as I hear from Scott, sometime this evening.

Ginny

I'm glad to hear she is enjoying her time there and that she's in such knowledgable, caring hands. I hope they get it figured out soon.

Thanks so much for the update, Ginny. Your little girl has touched a lot of hearts here on the Forum....ummmm me, for one. I'm praying your vet finds an answer for the obstruction he found.

It reminds me of one of "our" (the forum's) other little dwarfs that had an obstruction in her nasal cavity area. Was it Sadie? Can't remember, I'm sorry to say.

Do you know what size tube he used? Our vet will use a tube sized for a dog when he has to work on our minis for the occasional colic problem.....just thought I'd throw that out there for what it's worth. Since he knows minis, he probably knows all the tricks.....

Let us know how things are going......

Hugs to Nell (and you too!)

MA

Ginny, I sure hope all goes well for Nell!
yes.gif
Sending prayers her way!
cheekkiss.gif

I am praying that all goes well with your little Nell. PLEASE keep us posted. My vet will use his dog tubes for my mins if he needs to. I am sure Nell is in the very best of care and hands of your vet. I am going to check the auction now, to see if I can help Nell out.

Oh Ginny, I just love little Nell. So unfair for her to be having such a hard time. You are very lucky to have such a caring vet. Sending lots of love and prayers for you all.

Thanx for the update Ginny. I'm sure he will do all that he can for little Nell. Please keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back