Neighbors sueing for rain damage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norah

Reaction score
Has anyone had a completely insane neighbor ??? how did you deal with them ? my neighbor sent photos to her lawyer who passed them on to us ... I have posted the exact photos below . She claims rain damage and fence damage . 2 years ago we had a new wall put in upon her demand, she was to pay for 1/4 of it which she never did until a week ago . I told my husband she was up to something when she finally did pay for her portion . on the day she finally paid ( 2 years later ( 30 grand for us 500 for her) she said she didnt want a "bad relationship between us ". then this BS letter comes in the mail today ! She actually took photos of her back alley that is against our property after a very big storm... my horses feed dish blew or was washed into her yard , and she sent this photo to a lawyer .... I cant believe it ! The next photo is of sand pebbles on her walkway... and then the worst possible thing , our Donkey nibbeling on her grass !!!! call the police !!! its jail time for the donkey ! I think of the people that lose their homes in fires , storms floods , and then i look at these photos and think this woman has some nerve stressing out over a few pebbles that have washed onto her property. I cant believe this is real , I cant believe that someone has so much time on their hands that this is all they can focus and worry about : ( her house was built below ours , our house is zoned for livestock , as we live in a farming village . the thing that gets me is that her grandchildren have taught the darn donkey to look for food on their side of the fence , this happens as we all know when unsupervised children feed the animals through the fence !!!! I worry that she might try to poison the horses next . I suppose we will have to build a fence on the inside of the fence ... anything i can do to make this woman miserible for the rest of her life ?

IMG_9038.JPG

IMG_9036.JPG

this is the best photo of the Donkey !!!! I love how she thinks yellow plastic "crime scene "tape will keep the Donkey away !!!

IMG_9041.JPG

IMG_9062.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you kidding me!!!

I hate folks like that! What dose she expect living on the bottem side of a rocky hill!?!

Yesterday it was raining here. I work at a farm store, and went and got the shopping carts left in the parking lot. I had a snoody rude customer come in and got super rude cause the shopping carts where wet. Imagine that! Its rainning out and the carts are wet! DUH!

lol

Hope folks just laugh at her and all blows over...

Good luck!

If she would like photos of real rain damage, I would be happy to share photos of the property owner that clearcut 2/3rds

Of his 80 acres behind us, allowing our family's 40+ acres to have streams and runoff every time we have a large storm. keep in mind this is all runoff, we really don't have any streams on the property. Stopped raining yesterday evening and we still have water flowing today. However, we live at the bottom of the mountain, water runs down hill and it takes the path of least resistance, so.....my options, put on some jeans, go start up the tractor and retrieve the stone and fill in the ditches and be happy my barns are dry.

So sorry you are having problems. Some people just like to bother others.

I might be inclined to make an issue of the plastic (or whatever the heck its made from) tape that she saw fit to string in reach of your donkey. That tape is a health risk, if your donkey chews it there could be real consequences for his health that can't be fixed by a rake and shovel. Beyond that I'd be sure to find the receipts if you can for the wall and fencing. You should be able to prove that you have gone above and beyond to keep her property from being affected by anything that happens on yours. I don't know what the courts are like there but here the fact that you built a stone wall (her paying a small portion would be proof that she wanted the wall so no claiming that it is the problem either)and put up woven wire fencing would help prove you have made every attempt to keep her happy. You are not responsible for the weather for heaven's sake! Good luck, glad I live on 236 acres and my nearest neighbours are at least 1/4 mile away.

I see no damage....your neighbor is on crack! Sorry you have to deal with her.

thank you everyone . My husband is pretty spineless about stuff like this , if you upset her she could spread rumors about town and it could effect our business ...dont you just love small towns ; ) My point exactly , i know a LOT of you really suffer the consequences of mother nature , and gravity beyond a feed bowl and pebbles .... it is suck a stab at people that really have something to deal with ...All of this mess started when she asked me if her grandkids could ride the ponys , i said NO 1. because they were not trained for riding 2. they are too small boned 3. because people (like her) sue if anything happens beyond my horses control ; )

she was pretty upset , and the next month all this began . I will document everything including the photos of her dumping her clippings on our property ; ) everything will be in one place if it gets ugly , I will also keep a loaded camera near by ; )

Ugh. How crazy. We once had a neighbor call our landlord to complain about our cat being in our backyard. That's right, OUR cat was napping in the sun in OUR backyard, on the other side of a 6 foot tall wooden provacy fence, and they had a problem with it. I still don't even know how they knew about it, unless they were hanging over the top of the fence to creep on my cat. Some people just need something to do, I guess.

If you need some photos of rain damage take some of the photos from WW Miniatures in TN off the web site.That's some REAL damage.My suggestion would be to gather any info and documentation you can to use against her even SMALL petty stuff since that's what she seems to be doing.Try to find something to use to counter each of her complaints.Document everything she says against you.

Latest posts

Back