Needing to Find a Mini Gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I hope this kind of post is allowed as I'm new here. I'm located in central Florida and am looking for a mini gelding as a companion for a large horse. The gelding is a competition horse that is super social, just too gentle to go out with any of our other horses in the barn. I'm looking for a mini that likes people, is easy to catch, and has been successfully turned out with a regular sized horse. Does anyone know of anything like this? I'm willing to pay, but am not looking to spend a fortune since the mini will be a pet. We have a fabulous farm with plenty of turnout and a stall for a little guy. Thanks for your help. [/SIZE]

Angela

Platinum Equestrian

[SIZE=14pt]You should post this on the Saleboard.[/SIZE]

Good luck

JJay

I am not sure if that is the best idea. Mini can get really hurt from one kick by a big horse. Please reconsider, because you are putting a horses' life on the line if you place him in a pasture with a big one.. I would get a pony if I were you to keep company, you can find companion ones at the same price you can minis.

Good luck!
saludando.gif

Angela,

Have you tried finding a more of a larger pony as a companion? A pony is closer to size to a full size than a mini. Minis are so little that at meal time a full size horse could kick out and injure or even kill them without even meaning to. (I have friends where that's happened.)

Good luck in your search,

MA

Angela - Check your PM's. I've emailed you some info about a pony gelding available in central FL / Summerfield. Nice pony, well taken care of, looking for a new home where someone has more time for him.

Robin C

Latest posts

Back