Need Tack Room Pics/Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
We are remodeling the harness and tack rooms this winter and I need some help. How do you guys hang and organize your harnesses? We've got 3 big guy harnesses and 4 mini harnesses plus misc bits and parts and straps. What do you use to hang harnesses and bridles to keep them from getting misshapen, tangled, and confused? We just got our new cabinets installed and are ready to get harnesses hung. Any ideas or pictures are appreciated. We've been storing everything in totes and harness bags so this is a huge jump in the right direction for us. Thanks everyone!!!!

We just built my tack room this summer and I LOVE it! I am using heavy duty iron hangers for my harness and then a smaller size for the halters and lead ropes. I wanted everything to match a bit... I get the hangers from our harness shop. I'll have to ask how much they are!IMG_2999.JPG

Then on the Chimacum Tack side I used peg board and hooks to hang everything there. The short double hooks work perfectly for the collar and hames!
collarsandhames.jpg

Here is a photo of the entire tack room!
IMG_3001.JPG
I put a photo of my unicorn Zorro on the white bead board at the back of the room. I had it printed on metal at Costco:
zorrounicornwithflowers.jpg
Having a tack room is such a special thing for me. I've been using a wall in the garage for so long!! And now I now there aren't any mice so everything is safe and easy to access. It's so nice to not have to keep things in the boxes anymore :)

Wow Mindy! Your tack room is beautiful. I only have one mini, and I keep his tack inside the house hanging in the hall closet.My saddles are on a saddle stand in the garage with covers, with clean blankets in totes.Not a picture worthy setup but it works.Dust from the pine bedding is such a nuisance. It's a constant clean,Cully Blu is spoiled with most of the room to himself.

Indeed there are many good ideas, and thanks for sharing. Now I am in the last phase of repairs in the new house and in the coming days I will move there and am incredibly excited. The only downside is that I will have to do a total cleaning of the whole house for about two days and it will be very tiring. I still think I won't be able to do this on my own and one solution would be to turn to a company that does this and that way it would be much easier for me. I plan to call https://niftytilecleaning.com.au/carpet-repair-tasmania/ because I needed their help three months ago and I liked how they worked.

Last edited:
20210513_091212.jpg

Here's our temporary set up. All the harness gear, ground driving set, is in the harness bag.

This is all getting moved into our shed where the horse's stalls are, and all the rest of their gear is, soon. Since we're starting cart training, I need it all accessible.

I found a purse hanger online, that has a swivel hook, uses velcro to hold everything, has a decent weight limit, and should fit in the harness bag we have already.

I plan on buying it, and keeping everything hung on the purse hanger in the harness bag, when we aren't using it. Everything else in the shed is already set up similar to Mindy's 1st picture, shelves on 1 wall, hooks on the other. We just don't have near as much stuff lol!
SmartSelect_20210513-092433_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Also, Candycar, I love your homemade hanger! 😍

Edit:
I got my hanger, here's some pictures!
20210518_114055.jpg
20210518_114613.jpg
20210518_114358.jpg
That's my entire harness, an extra bridle, and my ground driving kit all hanging on the hanger, inside the harness bag. 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back