Need Tack Room Pics/Ideas

Discussion in 'Driving Miniature Horses' started by MajorClementine, Nov 17, 2019.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Nov 17, 2019 #1

MajorClementine

MajorClementine

MajorClementine

We are remodeling the harness and tack rooms this winter and I need some help. How do you guys hang and organize your harnesses? We've got 3 big guy harnesses and 4 mini harnesses plus misc bits and parts and straps. What do you use to hang harnesses and bridles to keep them from getting misshapen, tangled, and confused? We just got our new cabinets installed and are ready to get harnesses hung. Any ideas or pictures are appreciated. We've been storing everything in totes and harness bags so this is a huge jump in the right direction for us. Thanks everyone!!!!

plaid mare likes this.
  2. Nov 17, 2019 #2

MindySchroder

MindySchroder

MindySchroder

We just built my tack room this summer and I LOVE it! I am using heavy duty iron hangers for my harness and then a smaller size for the halters and lead ropes. I wanted everything to match a bit... I get the hangers from our harness shop. I'll have to ask how much they are! IMG_2999.JPG

Then on the Chimacum Tack side I used peg board and hooks to hang everything there. The short double hooks work perfectly for the collar and hames!
    collarsandhames.jpg

Here is a photo of the entire tack room!
    IMG_3001.JPG
    I put a photo of my unicorn Zorro on the white bead board at the back of the room. I had it printed on metal at Costco:
    zorrounicornwithflowers.jpg
    Having a tack room is such a special thing for me. I've been using a wall in the garage for so long!! And now I now there aren't any mice so everything is safe and easy to access. It's so nice to not have to keep things in the boxes anymore :)

3. Nov 18, 2019 #3

candycar

candycar

candycar

I made this to hang my harness.
    harness-rack.jpg

4. Nov 18, 2019 #4

plaid mare

plaid mare

plaid mare

MHT Supporter MHT Supporter

Wow Mindy! Your tack room is beautiful. I only have one mini, and I keep his tack inside the house hanging in the hall closet.My saddles are on a saddle stand in the garage with covers, with clean blankets in totes.Not a picture worthy setup but it works.Dust from the pine bedding is such a nuisance. It's a constant clean,Cully Blu is spoiled with most of the room to himself.

MindySchroder likes this.
  5. Nov 24, 2019 #5

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I use two bicycle hooks for my sulky harness. My regular harness hangs in its Kensington bag. i have bridle hangers for my driving bridles.

plaid mare likes this.
  6. Dec 1, 2019 at 1:26 PM #6

diamond c

diamond c

diamond c

Wow what a neat and organized tack room. I love it and want one, but I need a new barn first.