Need some prayers for my little colt!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Hi All,[/SIZE]

Wanted to ask you guys to say a little prayer for our little 5 month old colt TwoToneBlu (Tony)!
wub.gif

He's a very sick little boy! It all started yesterday with the squirts and I noticed a few pin worms, so we wormed him! Seemed Ok last night! We went out this morning and he was laying in the pasture and he kept looking back at his belly!

Thought he was having a mild colic so I gave him 1/2cc of Banimine! He seemed Ok for a while, then we were checking him and his temp spiked to 104.8!
ohmy.gif
Called our vet and he said to bring him in fast! His heart was racing and temp was 104 when the vet checked it! They took blood to check for an infection and he gave him a shot of Banimine, Nexel, Pinicillin and some probious! He's keeping him until the blood work come back and they get his fever under control! His Mom, Icy knew he was sick and led him right into the hospital! She's such a good mom for a first timer! Please keep may baby boy in your thoughts and prayers!

Bill

Update-

[SIZE=14pt]Hi All,
saludando.gif
[/SIZE]

Thank you so much for all your prayers and good thoughts! Little Tony is doing great today!
yes.gif
His temp is down to nornal and all his blood work was within the norm also! We just got home with him and Mom! He has to take Nexel and Pinnicilin and 1/2 cc of bamimine for the next 3 days! Our vet said our quick action in bringing him in is what helped him get better so quickly! They checked his blood before we brought him home and it is normal! So Tony is on the mend!
aktion033.gif

Thanks Again for all your support!

Bill & Wanalynn

Last edited by a moderator:
You betcha, Bill and Wanalynn!! Best thing going for him is you two for "parents"!!

He'll be in my prayers tonight! So hard to see these little ones get sick -- and it is so fast when they do! Hoping all goes well for him and he'll be up and romping around again in no time. Keep us posted, please.

wwminis said:
[SIZE=14pt]Hi All,[/SIZE]Wanted to ask you guys to say a little prayer for our little 5 month old  colt TwoToneBlu (Tony)! 
wub.gif

He's a very sick little boy! It all started yesterday with the squirts and I noticed a few pin worms, so we wormed him! Seemed Ok last night! We went out this morning and he was laying in the pasture and he kept looking back at his belly!

Thought he was having a mild colic so I gave him 1/2cc of Banimine! He seemed Ok for a while, then we were checking him and his temp spiked to 104.8! 
ohmy.gif
Called our vet and he said to bring him in fast! His heart was racing and temp was 104 when the vet checked it! They took blood to check for an infection and he gave him a shot of Banimine, Nexel, Pinicillin and some probious! He's keeping him until the blood work come back and they get his fever under control! His Mom, Icy knew he was sick and led him right into the hospital! She's such a good mom for a first timer! Please keep may baby boy in your thoughts and prayers!

Bill

473608[/snapback]

Hope your little fellow gets better. Having just lost my little filly I know what you are going through. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Prayers coming, Bill and Wanalynn! Sure hope the vet figures out what's wrong and gets him back on the road to health quickly!

Oh no! I am so sorry! Surely by morning he will be on the road to recovery! Do keep us posted! Prayers headed your way!

Viki

Prayers for your little boy and that was good that you got him right to the Vets.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Joyce

Goodness Bill I"m so sorry and I sure will be keeping you all in my thoughts and praying for a very speedy recovery.

Oh Bill, I'm so sorry about your little guy. Is he at UT? Prayers coming your way...Keep us posted.

Judy

Prayers for your baby boy Tony. I hope he's ok. Hang in there Bill. {{{hugs}}}

Bill and Wanalynn,

I'm so sorry to hear that your little guy is so sick. It sounds like you have him in a very good place.

I will keep little TwoToneBlu (Tony) in my prayers!

Hugs to both of you and a special hug for Angel!!!

Prayers coming, Bill and Wanalynn for Little Tony. I to know how hard it is to have a sick little one. We have had 2 foals this year with Dirrhea. Just got our colt over it, and still working with Princesa. We had them at the Vet and ran every test he could think. Lucky for us, ours turned out to be a salt block. But ours only had Dirrhea. No temps, no nothing else. I will sure pray your Tony will be okay. He is in the best place and having his mommy with him will help.

Best wishes and prayers

Hugs Vicky

Add my prayers also Bill, hug Wanalynn I'm sure she's just beside herself with worry.

Hope all goes well and he's back at home in no time!
wub.gif
pray.gif

Bill,

You all know we will be praying for you.. if you need anything just give us a hollar, we can be there in just a few. Let us know how he is doing..

Latest posts

Back