Need some help here, Rescue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
This has been no easy task.
no.gif

FLA folks, I can not get down there,, talking with these folks is no fun to say the least. I am talking of the ones Robin C. has checked on. If you know of them, and are close can you please get with me?????? I need someone to go there, ask a few questions and relay money. I am NOT sending the money directly to them.

I may also need some help with a relay of the horse to IN, OR a stop or two along the way for the little one to rest. Unsure if he can make this kind of a trip all at once, so do not want to chance it. But he does NEED out of there.
sad.gif

If you can help at all, please pm or email me.
yes.gif

thanks so much for your help
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

I will donate a trailer trip to the Georgia / Florida line (could even go a little further into GA if necessary) if a relay could be set up to get one of these poor little guys to Carolyn.

Robin C

I'll donate a tank of gas for Robin's truck.

Barbie

Is there someone close who can make the purchase for me? Me send you the money first of course. Plus make sure the horse is still there and alive.

I have someone but it is a good long drive for them, is anyone close????????

Is CMHR involved at all, helping? Just pm me and let me know.

thanks again so much.

I have no idea what you are talking about Carolyn.

What the heck is going on down there?

If I was closer I'd offer to go for you. Can you PM me and let me know where in FL they are? I have a few friends around FL that might be willing to help out.

Marty, we do not know when, but could you be a resting spot if needed??????? I will make sure it is good for you time wise.
rolleyes.gif

Can whoever has info on the ones remaining p.m. me and let me know and the price on them? Yes I know it would be far for transport from Fl. to me, but this is breaking my heart!!!

I can provide a spot to rest if needed. Food, drinks, and free entertainment.
biggrin.gif

Would love to see a human
wink.gif

You know what is so sad about all of this is the fact that this JACK ### will just go out and buy some more at a low end auction and do the same thing all over again. I have a name for a person like this and it's not pretty. The best thing to do when you can't get the authorities to move on something like this is to get the media involved because I am sure this bozo doesn't want this plastered in the paper, that or get a sympathetic vet to get involved.

Sorry you missed the previous thread, Marty. I gave a description of some horses down here on the "Rescue to Show" thread that Carolyn started. Suffice it to say there are 5 minis down here who need some help. I investigated the horses on CMHR's behalf and, yes, we are discussing the dilemma right now. Part of the problem is that this is a horsetrader facility -- and the worst kind. This is where Buttercup came from last year -- if you remember her. Diane/Krazyhorses bought her to remove her from the facility and then worked out an arrangement with CMHR to take over her care.

The owner of this stable goes to the auctions or private buyers and purchases animals of any kind. He houses them with the bare necessities, just to meet County Code (you don't know how MANY people in this area have tried to get him shut down on various technicalities -- hasn't happened). He almost always has minis available, sets a price on them which is way more than they are worth, charges exorbitant fees for Coggins/shots/teeth (who knows if the shots and teeth have actually even been performed) and is generally non-negotiable, non-communicative, and evasive -- even to questions from potential buyers. That explains Carolyn's problems trying to get information from them even to purchase one of the worse off of the group (Vanilla).

The dilemma I have presented to CMHR is that we cannot afford, as a donation-funded group, to become this weasel's best customer. And, I, as one of the few Florida members of CMHR, do not have the ability to attend the abundance of auctions (many of which are killer auctions) to get to these minis before he does. This guy could keep CMHR supplied with a steady stream of minis -- at HIS prices. He does not negotiate.

While I feel for the horses in need (and next month there will be more) it would be hard to imagine that CMHR could afford to become this facility's best customer every time he brings in a batch of new minis. That is why the plea went out to anyone who might open their heart to one of these misfortunate little guys. I am willing to do whatever I can to facilitate the transaction, including some transportation. CMHR is aware of these horses, is supportive and should be able to help to the extent it can -- which may indeed include purchase of some of the horses IF we can line up fosters or adopters for them. We have no foster homes in Florida, so I may have to beg, borrow and steal for available boarding from friends (good thing I have lots of friends who would give me a good deal!!!!). Most of these horses are intact colts, including the dwarf (4 year old stallion). There is also a yearling mare who may be pregnant since she has been penned with 4 stallions for the last several months. Some of the horses are said to be registered or eligible for registration, though no papers were forthcoming when I asked to see them.

Prices on the horses vary from $350 for the dwarf stallion to $775 for a pretty sabino pinto gelding who is about 35" tall or so. There is also a palomino pinto colt, a bay pinto colt, a silver dapple colt (the very thinnest, no more than a 2 on the body scale), and a silver dapple filly. None are more than a 4 on the standard body scoring scale. There are additional fees to cover their "Medical expenses" and these fees range from $80 for a Coggins (Coggins tests in this area run around $25...go figure) to an additional $25-50 for things they might have had done to the horse (unreliable at best, but the fees are non-negotiable).

There are photos available on a web site, but the horses are all in winter coats, so hard to tell how thin they are. I can give you the web site and name of the farm if you PM me. Cannot publish it on a public forum. The horses are located in west central Florida, about 1/2 hour south of Tampa.

Robin C

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankie, I have just been to the site. Which of the minis you say already has a potential home? I see on the site that no price is listed under each of the minis pictures, unlike the full size horses. If you have that info can you p.m. me please. I was wondering about "Vanilla"

PM on the way!!!!!!!!!

I have been given two prices for the same horse by two different people and I am not sure it WAS for the same horse, because these people just do not know a lot or offer a lot. Vanilla is the one I am trying to get, but dang they are not making it easy.

BUT I AM STILL PLUGGING AWAY!!!!!!

I forgot a state, AL is on option too or can be.

thanks

CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP IN OTHER WAYS, FROM ANYWHERE???????? IF SO,

PM ME, OK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankie, I have asked about two others, their price, will let you know what they come back with.

Count us in for a "rest" area on the way. We're 62 miles into Tennessee, six miles east of I-75 in Sweetwater, Tennessee, and well-equipped to help some mini's in need!

Just let us know.

they can always rest here on their way to indianna. my hubby isnt here or we could help with transport.

im so conflicted about what to do about this farm. as said hes just going to keep buying more but how do we leave them there in such poor condition?? I just hate this. cmhr will help in any way possible.

Kay

Carolyn, just let us know what you need, we will help as much as we can. We can help pay for the minis and help pay for transportation. I'll get hold of Susan in GA I'm sure she would help with a place for them to stay on their way north.

Ginny StP

Mary Lou, Carolyn, Kaykay,

How may I help???

Anything?

I will do whatever I can just let me know.

Bonnie

I live in Chatsworth Ga, I am 70 miles north of Atlanta and 45 miles south of Chattanooga. I can help with transport and place to stay for rest. I can even transport to Sweetwater Tn for the next rest stop. You can call me at 1-706-625-4871 or 1-706-847-0200.........

I am a member of CMHR and on the BOD so give me a call.
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back