Need some help here, Rescue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can drive to Perry Ga to pick up and bring north........but it will have to be on a weekend because I am a paramedic ald work on the ambulance thru the week.....

I believe I know this jerk in the Sundance area on hwy 301. If it's the same guy I know of, he's been doing this for well over 30 years. I am very surprised that the Humane organization in Brandon doesn't come down on this guy full force, unless they are disbanded. Because they were a force to be reckoned with.

As Robin has said, to buy this guy out is going to enable him to just go get more horses.

We need to ruin his business and shame him in public. You'd be surprised at what a little bit of public humiliation will do when he goes to Church on Sunday and his nephews and neices and grandkids have to take the brunt of it when they go to school.

He needs to know that his dealings is also being spoken about on the internet.

At this point, I feel the media MUST get involved.

If anyone there can call Channel 13 and Channel 9 news they should be co-operative in sending someone out. Can someone there locally call them or get us all an e-mail address so we can flood their newsroom? There IS power in numbers.

I'll see if there is anyone in that area that can be of service as well.

I'd be happy to provide a resting place if you're going through this way. I'm located one mile off of Interstate 85 in Upstate, SC. (Between Greenville and Anderson). We have plenty of empty stalls that can be used.

Just let me know!

(and if anyone wanted to PM with the website, I'd love to take a look-see!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie,

you almost sound desperate, do you know something we don't know????
ohmy.gif

When I just checked my email, I had a TON of emails saying you have a message from LB.......Member...........I do not think I have time to answer all of them tonight, but wanted to say THANK you sooooo much!!!!!! I will also be keeping all of them and if we ever get this worked out, I will be calling all of you for help along the way. Heck, I got so many offers for rest stops, we could stop every twenty minutes on the way home!
yes.gif

Most recent update I have: we do have someone who can get there to get actual prices for us. Oh yeah, as of right now we have 2 other farms who are considering getting one of the minis out as well. I will let them come forward on their own. I just can't send someone in and say buy the horse without knowing what it is going to cost. Or at least a close idea. Robin gave me one price, but I was given a different price over the phone by a worker at the facility. If these 2 other folks do decide to get one of the horses, we do believe we can get a discount for multiple purchases. Or that is what has been told.

As for transport, still working on that one. The other folks are even more north of me. So have been thinking all day if we could get a transport to do all, as I am kind of on the other peoples way. We will have to see what works out though. The condition of the horses will come into play with this as well.

I am so over whelmed with all the support, thank you so much. If I do not get in touch with you soon, be patient, I have kept all of your information. I don't think this is going to be an over night deal. But please know I appreciate greatly all the offers.

By the way, first I have really dealt with Robin C and Barbie, and I do believe I am going to like these gals!!!!

Just a thought at this point and this comes from past experience. I think if anymore people call the a**hole about the minis, prices etc, he will raise the prices if he thinks a whole lot of people are interested. Just a caution.

Ginny StP

Ginny, great thought. I do know that those of us asking so far, are inquiring about different horses. Or those I know of. If you are looking at the web site and have no intentions of buying, or can't or whatever,,,,, maybe you should hold off on any emails asking about the minis. thanks ginny.

I have gotten several emails from people in Utah, Cal. and other states out west wanting to help as well. If you have ideas to what they may be able to contribute, please add to the thread. Not sure if this is allowed, but a donation to CMHR may be a way, if that is possible for you. And thanks so much for the offers.

Ginny, you have dealt with this more than some of us, please feel free to throw in any other instructions that we need to be aware of.

thanks

You're doing a great job Carolyn and doing it just fine. I would like to offer my srvices as the Treasurer of CMHR and will accept any and all donations earmarked for Frankies Rescue.

Ginny

I don't want any one to think we are using CMHR here, not that anyone would. Our plan is to buy these horse ourselves. We are just asking CMHR for their help as they have more experience with this type thing and have contacts where we are not. And boy have they ever been helpful!!!!! May make Nationals budget a little tighter for me, but my going to nationals is not going to make things any better for these guys.

Marty, I think you are right and this will only continue. I am not in that area, but am more than willing to email until my fingers can't go anymore. But right now have to do more, emails won't get these guys fed.
no.gif
I also know they have been in this situation for a good while, so it's not like he is selling them. If we are able to get them out, maybe we can blow him up, (matter of speaking) before he gets more.

Latest posts

Back