Need Some Help And/Or Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
Anybody know where to find bedding sets, furniture, wall hangings, etc., that are related to horses for an 11-year-old girl's room.

Target has some stuff in a cowgirl theme, but it's for a younger child. Most of what I've come across is for much younger kids. Know of any websites, stores, anyplace such items can be found.

My mother gets some catalogs that have some nice horse-related stuff, and I've got a couple too- I'll see if any of them are still hanging around and post the names.

It's not the cheapest stuff though, sadly

I get alot of my stuff thru ROD'S, true western lifestyle catalog. They have everything from a nursery to adult bedroom items. Here is there toll free #. I would just give them a call and ask them to send you out a catalog. 1-800-325-8508, there a little bit pricey, but not as pricey as my new catalog I just got...The Equestrian Jeweler, Show Stable Artisans. Did anyone else get this catalog?? Beautiful jewelry,
default_wub.png
: but WOW the prices. Guess its WAY out of my price range. :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: Corinne

rods is located in columbus. they have some high priced and some not too bad. I always watch for what I want to go on sale. I noticed the new catalogue (just got it yesterday) had a ton of horse bedroom stuff. Their web addy is www.rods.com but there is much more in the catalogue then there is on the site.

Kay

A friend of mine decorated her daughters room from Pottery Barn it was a bit pricey but the colors blue and white and all the horse motif is great it makes me wish I were a lil girl again :no:

www.backinthesaddle.com

Also Mary you can just get creative if you want to start with a wallpaper border or wallpaper one wall or something. The wallpapers are now so gorgeous! There are murals that are outstanding and also they have one now that you put on the door that looks like a stall door that is so pretty.

And then if you want, forum member idomep can do some beautful equine embrodiery on just about anything.......just an idea for you

Try horse.com. I get their catalog and noticed there was a lot of horse themed bedroom items including wallpaper border and hangings. My daughter is also wanting a horse themed room. I just have to rehome a few cats before I can give it to her and that's proving to be very hard to do
default_sad.png

State Line Tack.. (a division of Pets Mart) has some great kids "horsey" bedroom stuff... go to statelinetack.com. And, if I remember correctly, I THINK I saw some horse bedding stuff at Wal Mart....?

Good luck!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I bought several king size bed spreads from RODS last year, right after Xmas for way less than they are priced now! I like having horse theme in our bedroom, too
default_smile.png

For wall hangings, H made me some wall wracks for horse show ribbons using narrow 4' trim boards, screws, and washers.

eBay ... just yesterday I saw a great, very reasonably priced horse bedding set there.

I really buy almost nothing retail anymore, if I can find it cheaper and easier on eBay. 1500 thread count sheets in a store are hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars. On eBay you can get them for around $100. Can't lose!

Here are some you might want to check out ... (these are all queen size, I don't know what size you're looking for)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Running-Horse-Quilt-Que...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/15PCS-QUEEN-HORSE-COMFO...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Horses-Kentucky-Farm-4P...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Farm-Wild-Horse-QUEEN-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
My son did a great rack for hanging things on using a board with horseshoes attached just sanded the board and attached the small horse shoes with a block behind them makes a great coat rack or place for towels and cost nothing except for paint for the horseshoes.

Double Diamond has CUTE colored tack hooks cheap (pink, purple, yellow, blue, red, green)--great for coat/hat/clothing racks. A blanket bar makes a great quilt hanger. A tack trunk makes great storage and looks super cute with a pad on top plus is great extra seating. A sheet with a bit of trim work can become like a stall drape that covers a wall or part of one. I love the water bucket trash can thing!

You can always take some simple silhoettes of horses and cut out fabric from them and use iron on webbing to applique them onto a solid bedspread and pillow covers then go over the edges with fabric paint. Her whole room can look like a stable pretty cheap if you go that route--plus you can make it one of a kind.

-Amy

Latest posts

Back