Need shipping advice-- across the border

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
I've never shipped anything across the border and someone has contacted me about buying from me. I don't know the first thing that's required and neither do they.

We will probably be doing the driving because it's not that far by ferry.

If not, who does shipping across the border in northeast US and eastern Canada?

Can you please help??

Tracy

I have never shipped horses across the border either but have bought a camper there and know that if you contact the customs office where you will cross they will help you with the regulations and what you will need to ship across the border.

They were able to tell me everything I needed to bring the vehicle back and what I needed for paperwork. They also helped me when I crossed to make the transition smooth. Good luck.

I am currently trying to get a mare and foal ready to head to Canada. What I needed for them were a export paper, coggins(with in 6 months) and a bill of sale to pass the boarder.

I have always found the best way is to contact customs directly at the same border crossing you will be using. Be sure to get the name of the person you talked with.

Its like a health paper. Have your vet do it, they send it to the federal vet(I think) and they have to sign it and send it back. Best to talk to your vet they should know what is required.

We never shipped horses into Canada but you will have to cross at a border crossing with Vet service to check paperwork. Last I knew the only one open was in the county. For a place to start getting your paper work and info call Debbie Morgan at ME Dept of Ag. Division Animal Health. I have her number some where here.

Race horses cross border on a regular basis.

Good Luck

Mark

I believe the Export Papers are filled out by your State Vet.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back