Need opinions regarding school

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I will be done with my 2 year in Dec. I am already planning ahead. At one point I was thinking of doing my skills that way I am able to become a cop if I want while finishing my degree.

The cost of gas has me trying to make things work. We are currently around $3.90 a gallon. If/when gas gets to about $4.30 a gallion I will be paying about $500 a month in gas to get to and from school. I can go to a school just over a hour away to finish my BS degree or I can drive a couple hours 2 times a year to get books and finish the total degree online. However with the online one I have to do a theis and present it.

Which would you do?

Do you think when it comes to employment they hold online degrees with the same regard as in class?

Can you go with the online program and switch back to classes later if things change?

Do you think when it comes to employment they hold online degrees with the same regard as in class?
I used to be an advisor for an online university, and I did hear from a couple very unsatisfied students that some employers don't consider online degrees comparable to regular ones. Our university also had a base campus, and the online students were taking the exact same courses, so they just removed the "online" designation from their certificates. I know some of the state schools are even offering online classes now, so I don't see it being as big of an issue in the future, but I would check with any online schools before enrolling to make sure your diploma does NOT say "online." Also be sure to check their accreditation, or the degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on anyway.

Its a MN state School so I have no doubt on the accrediation.

I think more and more these days, the online education will hold it's weight against the bricks and mortar education.

A lot of employers will really admire the initiative of someone who was out in the work force and then got her education. I think it's very impressive what you are accomplishing
default_yes.gif

A lot of employers will really admire the initiative of someone who was out in the work force and then got her education. I think it's very impressive what you are accomplishing
default_yes.gif
Well said Jill! You're doing great Ashley! I too am proud of your accomplishments thus far!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back