need opinions or direction.. please look

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuffyLynn

Reaction score
Hi everyone...will be calling my vet tomorrow... but

I have a Pinto mare(actually 2) ..she was diagnosed with Lyme disease... first treatment with doxycycline ...then treatment with Tetracycline..my poor girl was just in so much pain..all her joints..and started to show signs of laminitis..medication given along with 1/2 bute with stomach soother...it is a long recovery that we are still in..since November..I actually have had her on the bute until yesterday... well s l o w l e y recovering i guess...lots of hoof growth still..but not feeling heat..well Im hanging out in the barn tonite talking with my guys(i have 5) and I say man..she looks like shes dropped... this spring is 2nd year no baby(intentially)..but she looks dropped ya know..absolutley no udder..and Im watching and watching and I swear i see fetal movement! call my 16 yr old over to watch and he believes he sees this..and feels..then leaves..about 10 min later putting blanket on i just know i feel a kick...TOTALLY FREAKING OUT with all the Meds this poor girl been on..I am so scared...so i go frantically thumbing through my little black book..past my one mare that is bred checking records..and i see that 5/2/2012 my son had called me frantically telling me my stud had bred her and i said no...he was like Ma..trust me..seperate them!....she had gone out to short term lease and never thought about it again.......until TODAY...

anyone ever have any thing happen like this or know anyone...this is scary...my poor girl..she still looks the same weight pretty much as the pic but dropped will photo tomorrow

thanks for listening Lynn

3603.jpg

I hope everything is okay!
default_smile.png

I hope everything works out! Last year my big horse, Peanut, got anaplasmosis. Thankfully, we got the vet out in time or it could've been too late--there was a horse in my area who just died of it too. Sad
default_sad.png
Prayers to you and your horse!

Lynn- We had a mare with Lyme that we could not GET pregnant. Not sure if that was the reason, but this was the same mare that also had a "false" pregnancy before the Lyme. I am glad you are having the vet check her because with all she is going through that is a lot of stress. Now, with our false pregnancy (she was bagging up, producing milk, etc) we SWORE we could feel foal movement, so maybe your girl is having a false pregnancy. Please keep us posting, and in meantime sending prayers.

Latest posts

Back