Need name help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you like best!

• LCA Crown Royal Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LCA Vision of Royalty

• LCA Cashin' The Big Bucks

• LCA Big Buck Spender

• LCA Royal Edition

• LCA A Royal Vision

• LCA Clearly A Prince

• Total voters

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Narrowed it down to these, but can't pick which we like best! :DOH!

His barn name is Royal (to go with the Little Kings breeding)

101_3341.jpg

101_3403.jpg

Does anyone else do this?

When I pick out a name, I imagine in my head the show announcer saying it. Both a crappy local show announcer that can't pronounce many words, and then I also imagine Mark Bullington saying it at a National Show.

Long names, or names with many words never sound good.

Andrea

Andrea --

That's what I do, too!!! When I find one that suits the horse and would sound SO cool announced, that's the one I go with...

Once at a show, the announcer kept tripping over Bacardi's name (Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold). When it happened the 3rd time (Supreme -- we got it and Bacardi was done), I said to him "you obviously haven't spent as much time in the ABC store as me!" (ABC is Alcohol Beverage Control, where you buy booze in VA). I'd have never thought Bacardi would be hard to pronounce.

But then I have heard them say "Air-eeka's _______________" for my horses a time or two, too :DOH!

I've named many of my horses with the breeders' prefixex (including Bacardi, Flirt, Monkey, Khaki, and suggested Blue's name initially to another who was going to buy him), and of course named my own
default_biggrin.png
I love coming up with neat names for horses and have a long list of ones to use in the future.

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else do this?

When I pick out a name, I imagine in my head the show announcer saying it. Both a crappy local show announcer that can't pronounce many words, and then I also imagine Mark Bullington saying it at a National Show.

Long names, or names with many words never sound good.

Andrea
I do that too
default_rolleyes.gif
Funny Jill!

Cute Names
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back