Need Michigan attorney

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourhorses

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for an attorney in Michigan who would be willing to argue MI penal codes, including 750.50 - 750.55 among others. Here's our chance to make a difference. I'm not looking for pro bono - just an attorney who is willing to fight for the laws that are ON THE BOOKS!!!! The ball needs to get rolling, we have to make a difference. Kristie

hi kristie

probably the best way to find one is to do a search for equine rescue groups in michigan. They should be able to refer you to a good attorney. Im so hoping this works!

Kay

Tried that. Spoke to an attorney that was highly recommended but was told by the attorney that it would cost me $225 hour to research the law as she has no experience in this although she is an equine attorney.

Easy to see why people don't want to get involved - it is a upward climb with little results and horses still suffering. But, until that mini's body is dead I will not give up. There is a life at stake here and saving this life will save many more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kristie,

See if you can work with the attorney with you doing the research so it is on a discounted fee. Also, contact the law schools in Michigan and see if you can get a student to do the research for you and the attorney.

Also, you can do much of it yourself. Go to your local law library (normally located near courts) and look up the laws and cases that have refered to those laws. Your law library will have books on state laws from other states, not just your own. And it is free. (At least it is here in Idaho.)

And one other thought. Some of the students coming out of law school are in need of work and experience to help get jobs. May want to see if you can get an "unknown" attorney to help. They may not be as good as an experienced one, but they will normally have much more drive to work on a case. I know this as our family sued a really big bank over the handling of a trust account and we won with a lawyer who was just out of school. She worked very very hard for a reasonable fee and did get another attorney involved as needed.

Hope that this gives you some more ideas. And thank you for trying so very hard.

Latest posts

Back