Need Information on Stake Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izmepeggy

Reaction score
I just purchased a driving horse horse and got information in AMHR (Thank you MinimomNC) that she needs 3 stakes to finish her HOF in Country Pleasure driving.I'm new to driving and have trained the one I am driving now.But I don't know anything about showing Mini's.So maybe I should get with it and get her back in the ring.What is a Stakes Class?? Thank you for any information.

Last edited by a moderator:
In AMHR, you must drive in one class in your division, country, western country or single pleasure, then you can enter the stakes class. To have a qualified stakes win there must be at least one other horse in the class and you have to win. To win a HOF, you must have 70 points and 5 stakes wins. Any class counts, youth, open and amateur, but you only get the HOF points at any one show from the class you earn the most points in. Example, if you place first in Amateur and earn 3 HOF points and the horse is then shown in Youth and earns 6 HOF points, only the youth points will count for that show, so the horse would have earned 6 for the show, not added to the ammy for 9.

Okay.That makes sense..So any AMHR show has the Stake classes? Thank you minimomNC for all the information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back