Need Info on Boarding in Texas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaF8

Reaction score
Hello Y'all! I'm writing for some help. My daughter is taking my Paint mare to live with her as soon as living arrangements (for Mischief, the Paint) can be found. ((I'm the one taking the 2 minis with me to AK!))

She just recently moved to in Killeen, TX. Does anyone know of any good, reputible boarding facilities around there that they could recommend? This horse is special & until they build their home & a barn, we want her in the best place possible.

***OOOOH! I nearly forgot! Any suggestions on the best horse transporters / haulers that make runs from WA state to TX?***

Thank you all in advance for any & all help!

Sincerely,

Kim / MommaF8

Hello

ON LB they have Breeders Connect that may be of help to you, also AMHA.org has Farm Sponsors. You may find a Miniature Horse Farm in Kileen that you can contact and ask for help in locating a boarding facility.

A link above in LB for horses/transport may help as well.

Good luck and welcome to TEXAS! It gets HHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT here!
default_smile.png

Beth

Last edited by a moderator:
We have emailed, but I had another thought. She might ask on base there. Doesn't Ft Hood still have a cavalry unit with horses? Should surely be someone connected with it who would have some insight in boarding in the immediate area.

Good luck,

Jan

Fort Hood does have a boarding stable but you may have to be military to board there. I do know that the base vets keep close tab on the stables and require all incoming horses to be current on vaccinations /coggins and they are held in a quarantine barn for several weeks to prevent anything coming in to the rest of the boarding horses.

Another thought is to go by feed stores in the area -often there are ads for boarding stables and the employees may have suggestions.

Elizabeth

Thanks so much, I will forward all your responses! The people on this forum are the BESTEST!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back