NEED INFO ON ASPC/ AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KySwtHrt

Reaction score

What's the difference in Modern, Classic, and Foundation?

Can a AMHR horse be registered into ASPC? If so how much does it cost?

Does anyone know of any good overo or sabino bloodlines in ASPC/ AMHR horses?

Any input would be GREAT!!

Thanks

Wow, big questions. First, an ASPC shetland pony can be registered as a mini as long as it's under 38". However, an AMHR horse without documented ASPC parents can not be registered with the ASPC in general. There's another "half breed" registry under the umbrella of the ASPC/AMHR that I'm aware of but really can't give you any information on (sorry!).

Difference between Modern, Classic, and Foundation is based on TYPE and lineage. However, the lineage is becoming fuzzy with some new rules passed by the board recently. I'll start with the easiest:

Foundation - the foundation is a pony 42" and under, that is stockier. A pony with substance, one that would do well as a child's mount. To be Foundation certified, the pony must have all A papered ponies 4 generations back.

Classic - a refined version of the foundation. Usually leggier with a longer neck. A papered. Has a nice easy gait. Can be as tall as 46".

Modern - generally, a B papered pony with a certain percentage of outcrossing to hackneys or other gaited ponies. Trots level and powerful. Can be as tall as 46". These are the ponies you see braided up.

As far as color, Lewella would be the best source for reliable color and bloodlines. I am a color breeder (mainly toveros) but do not intentially breed for double registered shetlands.

Here are examples of a foundation and a classic:

Foundation

designbfw.jpg

Classic

texcongresspro.jpg

If you want ASPC/AMHR and Sabino you want to look for Royal Pony Farm bloodlines. http://www.royalponyfarm.com

Most of the Wink's bloodline ponies are tobiano + Splash White and homozygous full pattern Splash White occassionally happen in that bloodline.

The J-J's Painted Apache line has produced quite a few Frame overos that are now ASPC/AMHR as has the CJ's Painted Apache line.

The Rock E Line puts lots of color on the groud and also seem to be producing lots that are staying under the 38" mark... I have 4 foals that have lots of color from my Rock E son.. They can be seen on my website.. I also have several that look like it is possible that they will stay under 38"..
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Wow, big questions. First, an ASPC shetland pony can be registered as a mini as long as it's under 38". However, an AMHR horse without documented ASPC parents can not be registered with the ASPC in general. There's another "half breed" registry under the umbrella of the ASPC/AMHR that I'm aware of but really can't give you any information on (sorry!).

Difference between Modern, Classic, and Foundation is based on TYPE and lineage. However, the lineage is becoming fuzzy with some new rules passed by the board recently. I'll start with the easiest:

Foundation - the foundation is a pony 42" and under, that is stockier. A pony with substance, one that would do well as a child's mount. To be Foundation certified, the pony must have all A papered ponies 4 generations back.

Classic - a refined version of the foundation. Usually leggier with a longer neck. A papered. Has a nice easy gait. Can be as tall as 46".

Modern - generally, a B papered pony with a certain percentage of outcrossing to hackneys or other gaited ponies. Trots level and powerful. Can be as tall as 46". These are the ponies you see braided up.

As far as color, Lewella would be the best source for reliable color and bloodlines. I am a color breeder (mainly toveros) but do not intentially breed for double registered shetlands.

Here are examples of a foundation and a classic:

Foundation

designbfw.jpg

Classic

texcongresspro.jpg
Thanks great information!! Now I understand better!!
default_wink.png
Not sure what the under the umbrella thing means but since no more info can be given, I'll be alright.

Okay so since I'm possible later on wanting to breed to ASPC and AMHR mares I would be better off getting an ASPC stallion then hardshipping to AMHR or just getting an ASPC/ AMHR stallion, right?

Thanks

Checking out the bloodlines you've given me as we speak!! Do you know of any farms around Kentucky that would sell some of these kind of colts resonable?

Thanks

Hi Natasha

Ten L TRaining is in Kentucky and that is where I bought Ten L's Tigers Back in Black my ASPC/AMHR Stallion. We also have 3 aspc/amhr foals coming this year
default_smile.png

www.tenltraining.com

I'm moving to Kentucky in May/june and have a Rock E grandson. He's not for sale but may be able to help you out. [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back