NEED HELP WITH NEW DWARF BABY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]oh Lara what a sweet baby you have there. hoping for all the best. Nikki[/SIZE]

default_wub.png
: what a cutie pie. we praying for the best.

Well she did the "lets give her a good scare" and did the passout baby routine. If I hadn't seen it before I would have sworn she just left us. I don't know why foals do that but I DONT LIKE IT..

Tried again to get her to nurse Mama.. and that isn't gonna happen right now.. I think she will get that figured out.. She is less than 24 hrs old after all, and I think for a dwarf,( never had one before) she is doing quite well. Maybe just expecting too much from her right now. After all she is just a baby.. And gives wonderful kisses. And finally Mama is taking this better.. She licks me now on the arm when I milk her out. No more kicking at us, but I still don't totally trust her. The fireworks aren't helping tho. But there is only so much that I have control over.

We talked with Lil Bit and are going to get the pictures that she needs and let her take it from there.

Lisa, thanks the powder is a wonderful idea. She is urniating out of the place it should be coming from. I am going to try a shallow pan and see where that gets us, put can't just put it down, we will have to hold it up to her cuz she is top heavy and would fall foward if she were to try and put her little head down when standing up. She hears our voice and jumps up immediately now.. but still squeezes up to her Mama. and that makes Mama feel apart of this whole thing. I feel like I have the whole world helping me out with this and it feels good. I am not getting overly excited, cuz I don't know where this is all going to lead... Its not in my hands, its up to God.. Learned that several yrs back. Maybe he is just giving us alittle bit of Heaven for right now, so I am going to do my best and if he decides that we have had enough, or Wiggles has had enough, he will lead us down that path, and I will know one way or another I have done the right thing.

Cindi, I am so sorry for your loss. That had to be heartbreaking for you..

Thanks again each and everyone of you.. and God Bless you for loving this little girl like we do..

Lara and David

She is adorable!!She will let you know how long she is to be on this earth.It sounds like she intends to stay here for a while.Ask your vet about using dog splints with velcro glued on so you can remove them so her legs can get some relief from the pressure of the splints.I used them on CHESTER, my dwarf, until we got some magic type shoes on him.Today he is a therapy horse with Hearts and Hooves in texas.

and I will know one way or another I have done the right thing.
Yes, you have and you will carry that with you forever. You, David and Ms Wiggles will be in my prayers tonight.

(((HUGS))) and well wishes to all
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

I give you full marks for love and effort. She is absolutely adorable and my prayers a light fly to you all.

We were blessed with our little Zoey 3 years ago, we were advised by vet because she was a dwarf to put her down, she was a fighter and though it took 4 days to get her nursing and us milking momma and feeding her through a tube it was worth it. Zoey will be 3 on Monday and I feel these special ones teach you quite a lot and I would do it all over again. Zoey now goes to schools, nursing homes and also robs trains with us.

If her quality of life goes down that decision will have to be made and will be up to you to decide what is best. But they have so much love to give if they make it.

I echo, what many have said
default_yes.gif
: These special little horses were put here for a reason....and anyone who has ever been "blessed" with a Dwarf, knows exactly what that reason is. They bring joy & love to all who meet them....and help to remind us of our priorities in life.

No matter how you look at it.....we "Breeders" are responsible for bringing these little LIVES into this world....and they deserve all our love and efforts to give them as comfortable a life as possible while they are here.
default_wub.png
:

Bless your heart for all you are doing for this little baby doll. Sounds like she is a little fighter and already knows she is loved. So much wonderful advice, LB family is amazing! I pray she continues to grow strong! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!
default_smile.png

Mona you wrote:

No Janell, I just didn;t want you thinking I was heartless and that I feel all dwarfs shopuld be put to sleep and not given a chance at life, because I in NO way feel that way...just sometimes I think it may be more humane to put them to sleep.
Oh! of course I did NOT think that Mona! :new_shocked: :no: I know you better than THAT!
default_smile.png

YES! sometimes it is most definitely more humane to put a dwarf Mini to sleep; no animal should ever have to suffer, just because us humans don't have the guts to do the right thing, if need be!

Lara I was tickled to see the pictures of that sleepy baby girl, she is absolutely ADORABLE!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of her little legs without her braces on.

I was a bit surprised to see that the braces went up over her knees....but perhaps I will understand once I see her pictures without the braces on.

Give that sweet baby girl some sugars from Auntie Nell & the Biscuits...tell her we are VERY proud of her, too.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh Lara,

She is just so very, very precious!! I just have a good feeling that Ms Wiggles is going to make it and she will be a wonderful part of your life!

I know that you will NEVER regret the time you are allowed to spend with her.

When we were given our first dwarf "Precious" I could not believe the unconditional love that she had. There are no words to express the joy that they bring.

Janell and Bill both were just the very best to help with any and all problems that we sometimes have with dwarves. I know that they will be there for you and Ms Wiggles!!

You will NEVER be sorry that you made the decision to give that precious little Ms Wiggles a chance at life.

Hugs and prayers for your family and a special hug and prayer for Ms Wiggles!

Love from my 2 very precious dwarves Treasure and Buddy!

BuddyTreasure.jpg

100_0115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH my. They just adorable QtRae.. I am sure they give you so much pleasure and laughter. Bless there little hearts.

Oh Lara, I have just read through this thread and I am so proud of you for loving your little Wiggles so much. She is such a little cutie. My prayers are with you, your sweet husband and little Wiggles and her Mom. God Bless you all.

Latest posts

Back