Need help with Barn Name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you run by some names with HIM? Horses, dogs, cats all have preferences to sounds and will tell you what they like by their reactions.

I use to ride a little sheltand when I was oh gosh 7 years old and looked just like your coloring and they called him "Go Grey Hound" and his nickname was Grady.
I had a shetland that looked alot like him when I was a kid too! His name was Mister Bojangles. When I outgrew him my dad sold him to a friend for his grand daughter and she named HIM (he was a gelding) Buttercup!

I like Mystery or Mr.
default_smile.png

I actually still have not come up with anything for him. But will keep all in mind. Much appreciation for all inputs.
default_smile.png

Well I showed all of these creative and wonderful names for our new mini to my husband and what does he pick? Buddy. Doesn't look like a Buddy to me, but leave it to my wonderful husband to see simplicity. His answer is it is easy to remember and he answers to it. Can't even argue with that thought.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful names.

LOL--Buddy is what I was going to suggest. Every horse in my barn has a registered name and we use some shortened version of that for each one, but when I am working and the name slips my mind, the boys are buddy and the girls are missy. LOL

Buddy is a great name esp if he answers to it. I end up calling all 3 of mine Mister most of the time and they all answer to it!LOL

i had a horse i looked after this colour i thought it was chocolate palomino but was liver chestnut flaxen mane and was called kahlua. i wa also goin to sugest cocoa

Well I showed all of these creative and wonderful names for our new mini to my husband and what does he pick? Buddy. Doesn't look like a Buddy to me, but leave it to my wonderful husband to see simplicity. His answer is it is easy to remember and he answers to it. Can't even argue with that thought.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful names.
LOL, leave it to the hubbies and the kids, when naming our Gypsy vanner colt my hubby and kids came up with some cringe worthy names, thankfully we narrowed it down to three acceptable names and picked from those.

They all have names, then we all know they all have those names we call them when we are lovin on them, I usually call my son And the geldings bubito (Bub-eto) when I am talking to them, mares are usually "pretty girl".

Latest posts

Back