Need Help What color is this horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he may be a very cute silver bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a silver black to me
default_yes.gif
My favourite colour.

I agree with silver black/silver dapple.

I'd definitely say silver "something" I *love* that color!

And that filly looks like my "Baby", one of my two year olds. She has a similar pattern on her belly/hindquarters on that same side and the white coming up under to her chin. Both are very pretty!

Thanks everyone for responding I also thought he had some silver there. I appreciate the help.

The little filly is my foal that was born April 4th and she is the sweetest little thing.

Carlene

I wouldn't be surprised if he was Silver Smokey Black.

I had a mare JUST like him who foaled out a palomino filly with our stud who was silver black.

He looks just like my 'old man' Tompkins Silverado (approaching 24 years young) -- who I used to call a "chocolate palomino" until I learned here that he really was a Silver Smokey Black -- as he is carrying a cream gene.

See, even us old folks learn things here!
default_wink.png

silverado1.jpg
silverado2.jpg
It just struck me how ironic his name is. Since Eldorado is the name for gold, and he is obviously a mixture of Silver and Gold... Silverado!
default_thumbup.gif

Silver black for sure. We have a stallion who looks exactly like this and we had DNA done to determine his color.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was Silver Smokey Black.

I had a mare JUST like him who foaled out a palomino filly with our stud who was silver black.
My mare:

184837_1698935804728_1577895892_1526188_5476631_n.jpg

And her palomino Appaloosa pinto filly:

74288_1565447827612_1577895892_1284063_6734254_n.jpg

I say silver black-i do not see the 'bronzey' color that smokey silver blacks have.

Latest posts

Back