Need help quickly if you can...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relieved at this good news, Mona...I know you'll update us all when you can! Now, try to get some well-earned SLEEP!

Margo

Mona,

I am sOOOO glad to hear your wonderful news!!!! :)))

Susan O.

Mona,

I am glad to hear your little girl is doing better.
default_aktion033.gif

Also, a happy belated birthday to you.

Nikki

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Have a good sleep!!!!

Mona --

I am so happy to read your update
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Hoping the good news continues!!! On the second night that we had our filly, Passion, I was so worried because she didn't seem to be nursing enough and not a pro either at even finding where to do it. I told H that night I didn't think she would make it... We woke up early in the morning to see her running and bucking in her stall on the monitor
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
It seemed to me once a foal starts to turn the corner and improve, it can really just snowball and then the get better by leaps and bounds.

Looking forward to the next update and so happy things are going well now!!!

Jill

Mona.....so glad to hear some good news on your filly! Really hoping & praying she continues to improve & thrive!!

Mona your foal and mare will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hope she continues to improve. Hugs for you.

Glad to hear you have turned the corner
default_smile.png
Sounds like your filly is going to be fine thank goodness.

I wonder if a call/letter to a few vet schools would do you any future good, to let them know there is a need there - sounds like a great place for someone to open a new vet practice.......

Jan

Mona,

I just turned on the computer and read your thread. I am praying for a good outcome. Sounds like you are over the worst.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo glad to hear she is doing better!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Hope you were able to get some well needed rest!

(I sent you an email)

I was so glad to read your update! Hope your little girl continues to improve and your life gets back to "normal"!

Carol

Oh Mona Im so glad you didnt give up I think often once they turn the corner they never look back and I know you will be vigilant in keeping right on this. Take care of yourself and prayers continue for your little girl.

Thanks again everyone! Just had to come back and give a quick update. All seems well this morning. She was up and nrsing and running and kicking many times overnight, and this morning the only thing I see not normal is she has the squirts. It is yellow and saw three places on the stall walls where she let it go. THAT I can handle! I am not going to do anything just yet...will give it awhile to see if it will run it's course fairly quickly. If not, I will give something for it. I will keep a close watch, as I know they can become dehydrated, but I also know (and expected it) that the diarrhea was caused by the pennicilin, the mineral oil and the milk of magnesia!!

I wonder if a call/letter to a few vet schools would do you any future good, to let them know there is a need there - sounds like a great place for someone to open a new vet practice.......
Jan, the animal clinic has been trying to find a new vet here for YEARS! We used to have two vets here. They both did both large and small animals, but one has always been more the one for the large animals and the other for the small. The large animal one left several years ago to move out west after many years here, and they have been looking ever since. They do have some locums that come in for a week here and there, but still nothing full time. It makes it so hard. They have written the vet schools, spoke, and showed CDs of things in our area...seems to be a lot of interest but then nothing ever progresses beyond that.
default_no.gif

I am SO relieved for you, Mona! In situations like your's, one really has to be their OWN vet a lot of times.

default_aktion033.gif
Glad she is getting over what ever it was. My foal (now orphan since Mom is so ill) developed bright yellow diarrhea while she was still at the vet clinic with her mom. The vet believed it was stress related and it cleared up pretty quickly with out intervention of any kind. I hope your filly's does as well.

Mona.....I've been following this saga...and I am SO RELIEVED for you, that your little girl is doing better. It has to be so frustrating, not having vet service in your area. And when in a situation like this, you have to feel so helpless.
default_no.gif
You have to be a strong person to be able to cope with all the uncertainties of breeding without an available vet. Gotta give you credit girl!
default_aktion033.gif

Will continue to send prayers that your little filly has a complete recovery.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back