Need Help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawna

Reaction score
Ok I have two dogs a cocker spaniel and a pit bull mix.

My cocker is not spayed.

my pitbull mix is neuterd . My cocker is in Heat and has been for two weeks . Well this morning they were hooked up.
default_new_shocked.gif

what im wondering is can he get her pregnant I hope not he has no testicals at all .
default_no.gif
very worried

I know they can still want to do it but I did not know or think they could get hooked up.

If he is neutured, then no, he cannot get her pregnant. However, if he only "looks" neutured and has retained a testicle (or two), then she could get pregnant.

When I was a kid, we had recently neutured our boy dog and he also locked up with our cocker spaniel. It was soon after he was fixed, but the vet assured us there would not be any puppies, and there were not any.

My dog groomer was here a few days ago and was talking about this happening. I guess it happens more often then one would think. She has a neutered mixed breed that she has to keep away from her females when they are in heat as they will tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK whew I was real scared,

both testicles had dropped when I had him neutered . I use to breed Cockers many years ago but my male Dogs were not fixed. I just thought that if they were neutered they couldn't tie up boy was I shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

Guess ill have to get her spayed so I dont have to seperate them every 6 months.

Thank you for your help....

Latest posts

Back