Need Help Please?? Pregnant?? Udders??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats ok, your welcome. If she is in foal and going by the dates you mentioned yesterday, she would be very close. If you notice her body shape change quickly , as in she isnt as wide anymore, it could be that the foal is lining up. 

My only piece of advice to you is , dont start feeding her , like your feeding for two. With the spring grass starting to shoot, the sugar content is at its highest. I though one of my mares was pregnant a few years back and she ended up not being pregnant. She was extremely overweight and had a bout of laminitis. Wasnt good watching her struggle to walk.

If she is about to foal , I hope your weathers better than it is in Victoria right now , Im on the mornington peninsula, and It is freezing !!

Your doing the right thing by keeping a close eye on her. Kepp us posted :)

Still no baby!!  ? 

her body shape changed over the last 2 days though, she almost doesn’t look pregnant anymore!

Her udders still look the same. 

2B302F2D-906D-4231-A5EB-5F40915B2EFA.jpeg

However, Going off when we are pretty sure we got her she would be nearly 339 days now tho, so is that even possible??? 

I can see what you mean, looking at the pics she doesn't look pregnant. For how long in her pregnancy she would be , she should be much bigger than she is. If she was a maiden mare , she could be carrying the foal higher up in the rib cage.

Some mares will carry a lot longer than others will. 

Apparently she has foaled before? But I truly have no idea..

I just wish she was friendly and I could have the vet to her to check her out properly! 

I’ll still keep a close eye on her but I am almost ready to dismiss it now. Surely I would have seen some signs, I have watched her for hours over the past 2 weeks and nothing at all.. 

I  would have to agree with you she would def be getting bigger by now. 

She will come around , giver her time. Its taken nearly 2.5 years for one of my mares to want to come anywhere near me. 

best of luck with her :)

We have had mares go clear to 254-255, but they were maidens. Know another breeder that had a mare consistently foal at 365 days.

Have a member on here that had a mare that didn't look pregnant and had no signs in the morning, went out that afternoon to a foal standing next to the mare.

Mares are tricky and sneaky. I would just keep an eye on her to be sure.

Latest posts

Back