Need help from you Movie Buffs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
Ok all you movie buffs, here is what I’m looking for.
default_laugh.png

There was movie, probably made in the late 60’s or 70’s. The setting was in the 50’s. I can’t remember if it was in color or not, but I’m leaning toward color. The movie had to do with 6 or 8 friends (boy and girls). They were either in their senior year of high school or maybe this was the summer after their senior year.

The part I remember the most was that they hung out at the drive in movie. Even during the daytime. The scene I remember the most is two of the boys are sitting on either the wall around the drivein or they are on top of the movie screen it’s self and looking out across the town and talking about the past and the future.

The movie had the “James Dean” feel to it, but it was not a James Dean movie. And it was not “The last picture show”. I just saw that one.

Can anyone help me figure out what movie this is?

Thanks for your help.

American Graffiti (sp?). I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid but my dad loves it... Not sure if it fits the bill since it's been so long, but just in case.

Ohh ohh i know it i know it, we read the book in middle school and watched the movie, give me a minute ...

OH yea the outsiders........is that the one with Ponyboy ???Think I might remember that now

Yep Ponyboy
default_smile.png

They do go to the movies in The Outsiders, i remember them getting into a fight or something? Really i dont remember all that well, middle school was 5 ..6 years ago
default_rolleyes.gif

hmmmm...I don't think it was the Outsiders, although that sounds like one I would like.

This is driving me C R A Z Y !!!

ugggg....Keep thinking....please!

Well when you first mentioned it I thought Breakfast Club but that wasnt set at a Drive IN it was a school. So no help here.

I don't remember if this one had any drive in movie scenes...."Stand By Me"? Well come to think of it there were mostly boys in that one.

Not sure if License To Drive has a drive in scene. May help if you could remember a actor or actress in it. Would narrow it down.

If it's not The Outsiders, it's gotta be Rumblefish!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Liz R.

hmmm...rumblefish...maybe. I'll have to check that one out. Also Texasville was suggested by a coworker. I'll see if I can find them this weekend.

Thanks for all your help!

There is a movie called "Drive In" or Drive in Girls.......something like that

Latest posts

Back