NEED HELP FAST!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suen

Reaction score
We are leaving for vacation Saturday, Oct.6th for a week. Been feeding Purina Omalene 200 to my three mares and 4 month old colt. Bought new bag at Coop last night... moldy! AGain! Now have nothing to feed while I'm gone as they are sending all bags back and they are the only ones who sell it here in town. They replaced it with Strategy but the colt won't touch it. I need to find a good substitute feed to be fed while I'm gone that won't cause problems with their digestive systems. Anyone know of a really safe feed? What about a sweet feed?

Purina Equine Junior

Purina Equine Senior (yes, senior)

ANY complete Senior feed...

should do the job, and do it safely, though an abrubt switch is not "ideal", I think when you're working with a complete feed, it's not very disruptive, and complete feeds are the way to go, imo... especially with minis.

I second Jill's equine senior suggestion. Is all of the omelene going back or just the 200 ? Many of the formulas are very close, like the omelene products and the equine senior and junior, then tweaked for their intended market. Like the purina junior and senior are both made with high quality forage first, very similar formats then different percentages of calcium and such for their intended market. Many animal hospitals readily have equine senior for its patients regardless of age due to its high digest ability and being appetizing.

I guess I am going to have to go with the Senior feed as we are very limited to what we can get here. I will be a nervous wreck on vacation
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back