Need Christmas Outfits for Two Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Hooves

Reaction score
Help, help, help!

What have I gotten myself into?

I thought it would be fun to do a fundraiser with my miniature horses, but now I need Christmas outfits for them! Since there is this big Christmas decorating contest going on right now, I don't want to detract from that, but I need something before the 18th when the event takes place. I don't plan on entering the contest on this forum, by the way!

1. I have no barn.

2. My carts are not assembled; they haven't been for 2 years.

But I would really like to enlist the help of any charitable mini person out there to let me borrow some outfits if they have something that would work. Parade plumes, Christmas show bridles/halters, Christmas harness wear, Christmas whatever - pretty much anything. I am even willing to pay a deposit on them, which you can refund me once the outfits are returned to you.

If I could find someone out there to make something for me in time, too, that would be great! I only have one weekend and I still need to make several dozen cookies for the event, too.
default_smile.png
Anyone want some gingerbread? Of course I'm willing to pay for the cost of materials. Since it is a charitable function, though, I prefer to go with anyone willing to donate their time in making these things. I'll be getting lots of photos, so the outfits will be put to good use.

I guess you can say I'm just trying to find a lead here
default_smile.png
December 18th is TOO SOON and I want this to be BEAUTIFUL. I want people to visit nonstop the whole time we're holding the event.

Like I said, I don't want to take away from the Christmas horse contest that is currently taking place on the forum.

So, please don't post your contest photos here. Maybe I should have waited for the contest to end before posting this, but I am short on time, so forgive me
default_smile.png

Whatever advice/help/encouragement/resources you can offer will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

First of all young lady chill, calm down, and you need to get a grip! hehe

I get my ideas from everyone else around here

Now let's stir your imagination.......you could......

Go to any dollar store or discount store or Goodwill and get a couple of Christmas tree skirts. They make very nice horse covers if you want to cover your entire horse!

Christmas scrunchies make real cute booties around the ankles. Look in the children's departments for them. How about ribbons in the manes and tails?

Scarfs work well!

You could get a wreath and cut it on one side and slide it over your horse's neck

If you have a spare old halter you could glue gun pretty ribbon on it

Let your imagination run wild, look at pictures, catalogs, and enjoy.

By the way, enter the contest!

You don't need a big barn, just use whatever shelter you have for your horse.

Thanks for the pointers! I can say the craziness has begun. I have a few people locally helping me out. I ended up buying some fabric to depict what I wanted, so I am hoping it all works out
default_smile.png
heh... so far, I have racked up $40 on stuff. I guess I have expensive taste?

I am about to go through my closet to see what I might already have - I can't wait to share pictures.

By the way, I will in no way have this done in time for the contest
default_smile.png
So, as much as I would like to enter and serve a second purpose, I won't have it all together until the 18th. Could I get an extension?
default_wink.png

If you get a viney strand of fake holly, ivy or greens and wire some fake red or white poinsettias to it(if you don't have them, most dollar stores do), it makes for a nice pretty neck ornament. Reminds me of the artwork of unicorns with flowers around their necks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This calls for a trip to the dollar store......since it sounds like they will be on lead and not driving......buy a couple of holiday colored little fleece throws from dollar store...say red and green, make a blanket by fitting it to them and use large safety pins or sew some ribbon on chest for bow and maybe under girth to hold on, some greenery to sew/hot glue on blankets or around neck, reindeer ears to tape to halter or just put over poll...if not too tight. if you sew add holly, white fur etc to a red blanket with wide black belt around belly for a Santa outfit,.....mr and mrs claus, add the scunchies around legs, santa hat with ears cut out,.....it can go very easily...have fun don't stress and show off your minis.

Our plan for this year's parade which has a theme: "All Wrapped Up for Christmas" ---

We are wrapping our three (good sport) minis up with Christmas Wrapping paper and tying Ribbons and Bows onto their manes and tails.

Latest posts

Back