Need All Of Your Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
I have got to get Marbles registered. This weekend I need to send her papers into AMHA.

I am planning on taking her down to the AMHA World Show and may enter her in color class
default_biggrin.png
. That is if I can get the weight back on her from her surgery, and AMHA can decide which color class I should put her in.
default_wink.png

I have thought long and hard about leaving her home or taking her. Since I will be taking a couple of other foals, she will have company, a 4 x 7 bedded stall on the trailer to relax and I can keep an eye on her at the show. Leaving her home for 10 days with a farm sitter has made me too nervous.

I have come up with names for her, then have tossed them asside. The first few horses (large horses) I owned and showed as a young adult where given French names by me, and I have always loved those names and horses.

Sooooo....................

Her barn name is Marbles. Like the quary Marble that is mixed in color with dark streaks through it. The vets feel she looks like a Tigress too. I first was thinking of: I lost my marbles,(bad JUJU with that name after almost losing her)

then I though of changing it to: Playing with marbles, but other feel they are not unique enough (they're right)

I need something really unique to fit her.

One other name I have come up with is: Riverdances The Marbled Tigress, which in French is: Riverdance's La Tigresse Marbree in Spanish it is : Riverdance's La Tigresa Marmolada.

Votes or other suggestions? I will look at them all and let you all know what I choose.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
Well since she is so rare and delicate. I would say Riverdances Marbled Tiger Lily, but then again that is my fav flower!
default_wub.png

I love this name: Riverdance's La Tigresa Marmolada and the french version, but for pronunciation the spanish version is better then at least people will hear it announced and go "oooh cool name" instead of "what
default_unsure.png
?" Thats my opinion anyhoo! but I definitely like that name and it is unique, infact I bet if you did a search in the studbooks there wouldnt be another one!

I am somewhat fluent in french, and I like the language and culture, but I like the Spanish version alot. I think the French version would be to hard to pronounce (correctly,anyway).

So my vote is for Riverdances Tigresa Marmolada.

I really like the sound of this name that someone posted above: Riverdances Marbled Tiger Lily. I think it suits her since she is so rare, hence that the Tiger lily flower is rare.

Riverdance Marbled Masterpiece

Riverdance Majesty in Marble

Riverdance Marbled Miracle

As for the color class, in my humble opinion, multi-color has been claimed to be for pinto and appaloosa, so it seems amha should put her in solid color. Her markings could be classed along with line-backs, leg barring, dun factor markings,etc. Be interesting to see what they say!

[SIZE=18pt]Miss Tigress Marbelicious [/SIZE]

Someone had suggested "For All The Marbles" in the other thread, I really like that one.

I love Marbled Tiger Lilly. It seems very appropriate.
default_smile.png
Feminine, strong, yet vunerable. Am I reading too much into this? ;)

I like your first choice, Riverdance's The Marbled Tigress. Whatever you choose, it'll be a good one!
default_wub.png

How about "Don't Take me for Granite"!

It could almost be a play on "granted" considering what she is and what she has all ready been through.

Just a couple of names going off on the marble and tiger concept...

Riverdance Cat's Eye (an old-style game marble)

Riverdance Tigressa Carrera (Carrera is a prized white and grey decorative marble

burnetirishmarbled300.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I saw her dam's name was Riverdance's Marbled Rose. Have you ever seen one? They are beautiful..just like she is.
default_wub.png

How about "Don't Take me for Granite"!
It could almost be a play on "granted" considering what she is and what she has all ready been through.

I love the name, but unfortunatly most people will "hear" Granted. Then there are others that will not get it.
default_smile.png

There are some other great names here, but I want to discribe what she looks like on one hand, on the other, I want to discribe how unique she is.

So far, I am leaning towards Marbled Tigeress in French.

Then I came up with : Riverdance's The One and Only

Riverdances Aren't I Unique

Riverdances Unrivaled

Riverdances Something Special

These discribe that she is unique, but not what she is.

Marbled Masterpiece

Marbled Mystery

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back