Need Advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old gelding that doesn't get along at all with my two mares. He gets along okay with my yearling gelding, but not the yearling filly or the 12 year old mare. He chases them (especially the yearling filly) really bad. He is constantly running after them and trying to kick and bite them. If I keep them together, he won't let anyone else get near the hay. So, he is kept by himself. I feel really really bad with him having to be by himself. He seems so lonely, but I won't take the chance of him hurting one of the others. And, I can't put the other gelding with him, because I can't separate the two yearlings. These two have been together since he was 4 months old (brought here and weaned at the same time) and she was 6 months old. They are the absolute best of buddies. That is the reason he is a gelding, because I couldn't bear to separate them. So, the 7 year old is all alone all the time. I want to just find another home for him. He isn't registered, and he is fat. I bought him in February (they didn't bother to tell me how dominate he is) and was very very fat then. He has lost some weight, but he still needs to lose more. How to I re-home him? I paid $400 for him, and I have had him listed for $350 on Horsetopia and Dream Horse, but he isn't selling. He can be ridden and he drives, but no one seems to want a pudgy pony! Any suggestions in finding him a new home? He would be perfect if someone just wanted a little pony for their kids, because he loves loves loves people and loves attention. He just doesn't like my mares. If you have any suggestions to help me out, I would really appreciate it. I just want him to find a loving happy home, and I don't know where to look for that.

Latest posts

Back