Need Advice on Hoof Nippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nnadams

Reaction score
My husband has a couple of different farrier friends that tell him he can trim our horses himself and save alot of money. They have showed him how to do it, and now he is convinced he can do it himself. So, I wanted to ask the ones of you who do your miniatures yourself which nippers should we get and where. Someone told my husband that there are some spring-loaded ones. I want quality nippers that are appropriate for miniatures (is there a difference?). Thanks in advance for any advice!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I found my Barracuda nippers hard to hold and the nipper blades too narrow. I resold them after a month.

I still say the best nipper you can buy is the 14" GE racetrack.

People may tell you the 12" GE, but the blades are thinner and cut better on little feet with the 14" racetrack.

The Barracuda do cost a lot less than the GEs if you want to try. You can always resell at a little loss.

The GE racetrack nippers are the best. My 12 year old can use them with no problem. This is hard, but because I can no longer shoe horses she will be the one trimming the horses here. Linda

Latest posts

Back