Need a second opinion on my mare pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrayne

Reaction score
I have a pregnant mini at the moment, she was due two days ago.. Monday April 19, 2021 but has yet to have her baby, I've foaled mares before but never a mini and I want a second opinion on her waxing situation. 20210421_164025.jpg

Thank you for your help :) I know mares don't typically foal on the set due date. I just thought it would be of some help :)

I'd be watching her very closely...My mare just had her foal early this morning and didn't have much more of an udder than yours. I really thought I had about a few days to a week o_O I also had no breed date, so that really wasn't a consideration in my situation. Just watch her, have a camera if you can! Good luck and best wishes!😁🐎

She does look rather full....... Have you been able to gently get some liquid from her? You want it to be very sticky, like honey.
Also watch her belly. Is she still a "wide load" or has the baby dropped low? (If dropped low, the baby is going into foaling position.)
Just from the view of her bag, you need to be prepared for any day.

UPDATE! .. I've got a better handle on what I'm looking for. I've foaled a mare before.. I did know pre-foaling signs but this year it makes more sense to me! We are expecting Susie's baby within two nights! Super excited! If anyone wants a thread of when she has her foal let me know! Thank you for all the help and support from you guys!

Latest posts

Back